Trust

Ashanti Pov

Schools over finally. This is the shittiest day of my life. I though Florida was gonna be rays of sunshine but I was so wrong. I cant believe I had trust in the dumbass. I knew I was gonna be dragged into shit. This sucks. I even had them in my car. I just need to lock in for the volleyball tryouts thats what matter the most....

I walk into the locker room and change into my spandex and shirt. I started to walk out but then i heard a voice from behind me. This girl walks up to me. She says "Your the girl that beat up Tina right?" I don't answer. I just whisper yes. I turn and walk alway, but she continues to talk. " Well you ate. Because she hasn't opened her mouth or talked for the whole day." She starts laughing. She asks what my name is. I answer with Ashanti. She says oh ok. Well i assume your here for the volleyball tryouts. I say yea I am. She then says oh I'm Delaney. " I play outside." I just put a thumbs up.  I respond and tell her I play libero. Her eyes widen almost like she's scared. She swallows hard and looks away. "You know Tina plays libero right...for varsity." I say ok? I don't care we'll see who's better. I'll talk to u later Delaney good luck. I walk outside and into the gym seeing people lined up and peppering. I take a deep breath and put my tryout number on.

A.N( Libero is a position in volleyball where one plays left back on the court. Their job is to cover and prevent balls from dropping meaning they have to be agile and be the best passer on the court.)

Theres so many girls in the gym but i'm confident I can pull this out. I need to make Varsity.

Jay POV

I really fucked up. I tried talking to Ashanti all day but i couldnt get through to her. I mean its technically not my fault I told her these girls are crazy. Its not fair to be either she kissed me just to make Tina mad their was no feelings behind it. She played me in my face. Im tired of the bull sh!t. I walk to class and see Andrew. I ran up to him and say" Bro did you seen what happended out there? Ashanti beat the sh!t out of Tina. He says he knows. And the crazy part is Ashanti's mad at me. I told her that girls are like thi- Andrew cuts me off he half screams and says " Jay stfu this is your fault you walked her right into that you know what you did you wanted this attention and you know what. I think we should make a bet." What? I say. A bet..Andrew says yes " whoever gets Ashanti the fastest wins. " What I scream?!" Our teacher looks me dead in my eyes and i apologize. "what"I say in a whisper. Fine thats a bet. Good thats what i thought Andrew gets up and walks away. I cant belive this I have to win this. 

Andrew POV

This trashy nigg@  walks in the room. I roll my eyes. Jay rants on about how its not his fault when it obviously is. Thats the thing with jay he cant execpt when he's wrong. I ignore him. I yell out "Jay stfu this is your fault you walked her right into that you know what you did you wanted this attention and you know what. I think we should make a bet." Jay looks hesitent but he agrees and i propose the bet. He's ok. Thats settled i walk out the room annoyed. 

Ashanti POV

At the tryout we meet the coaches  blahblahblah. The coaches ask the hitters and passers to go to different sides of the court and we do. The tryout begins. We get into partners and start passings. I pass with a girl named Kendall. She explains that Delaney's  her best friend. I remember hat girl from the locker room. As time passes people get eliminated. I look over but Tinas still standing strong. We do the butterfly drill then chase. I won chase and Tina had the most good passes for butterfly drill. The coaches eliminate people. Tina, Kendall, a setter and I still stand. The coaches explain the Kendall is a great passer but not what they are looking for for libero but they want her on the team. So they keep her. The say the setter is who they want playing that position. She turns to me and Tina. I tremble a little. The coach says we are both very good. Then she asks me if i've played club. I reply with a yes. She asks how many years ive played. I've played 3 years. I say that. She says ok. "I think its time for a change in this team. Ashanti you will play Libero for the schools season. Heres your jersey. She hands me the number one jersey. Im estatic. I start tearing up. I say thank you so much for this opportunity. Kendall cheers for me. I turn around and hug herI finally feel like i can "trust" people in this school.  I look to the corner of the gym and I see Tina crying. I start laughing.. "weak b!tch."