Until Next Time - 8

A tear rolled down from her eye and off her cheek.

Oh, what am I doing? I should not be crying! I am not ten anymore! Weiss used her sleeve and wiped the remaining tears in her eyes.

She hissed at herself and focused back on folding her clothes.

It had been a delightful few days of relaxing in Patch.

These days were the kind that one wishes would never end.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

Nothing lasts forever, for all good things it's true.

But in these last moments of packing the remainder of her luggage, she'd rather trade it all for somehow staying here for eternity.

With her.

With... her...

She looked up from her white luggage and at her bubbly team leader.

Ruby was casually hanging her legs off the end of the bed, swinging them like a child- Maybe because she is one.

But it is so innocent.

So pure.

It seemed like she held all the happiness inside her.

Then she noticed her stare.

Ruby's silver eyes locked on with hers and then... she smiled.

Weiss returned a smile, which in response Ruby went back to kicking her legs in the air and fixing her red cloak properly.

And then her gaze wandered aimlessly.

I was alone.

Her eyes slowly shut as her hands began closing the luggage case.

No one wanted to be close to me... they just wanted to be close to the Schnee family reputation.

She could feel the ice cold shivers run up her spine as flashbacks of her childhood went by. School was... a fuzzy blur of pain.

I kept everyone away from me because so.

And then her visions shifted to the silhouettes of her parents constantly fighting and arguing, and then her siblings becoming distant.

I made sure I stayed alone, did she even have a choice?

"Weiss?"

Well, she does now.

Her eyes reopened and found the curious Ruby looking back at her.

"You okay?"

But... she...

Weiss smiled again.

She changed all that.

A firm nod was given, "Just thinking."

And then that happy... innocent... pure... smile of joy and love... reappeared on Ruby's face.

And once again, against her wishes of not showing she was weak, tears began to form in her eyes.

I'm so childish. I don't want to leave, but at least I get to go with you.

~

Looming over the tall gear tower, the most prominent part of the academy buildings is a large tower: a fleet of airships.

Surrounding the luminous green lights of the intricate clockwork mechanism consisting of many interlocking cogs and gears were the blue lights of the sleek and sentinel aircrafts.