CHAPTER-29 (Killed)

Next chapter is published on Scrollstack and it costs 10 rupees! Link in bio!

"Do you want to be on the bed for the whole day?" A voice caught my attention when I was sleeping soundly

He is Shavan.

"Aaa.... Good Morning" I said to him but he ignored it.

"Hurry up and get ready fast" He said to me.

"Hm?" I asked.

"We need to collect the information of this village. We're not having more days now. Agent Tarini has asked us to come India ASAP as the situation here would get worse in the coming days" He completed.

"If the situation would get worse, aren't we supposed to make it good?" I asked him.

"We are not here for any social work. We are here for work. To catch Mallika. That's it!" He said.

"But Mallika targets innocent people. So, by saving innocents we can catch Mallika easily" I said.

"Don't use your brain much. Do as you are asked to do" He said and went out of the room.

What is the use of being an Agent when you cannot protect your people?

I got up from the bed and freshened myself. No way I am gonna let any innocent suffer. If I am doing any work, I'll finish it and do it wholeheartedly.

I went down stairs to see Shavan and Samarth whispering something to each other.

Sometimes I feel like I am alone here. They both share everything with each other regarding the mission but they forget that I am too involved in this mission.

"Good morning" I said to Samarth.

"Good morning" He replied.

"Samarth. Tell her the news" Shavan said to Samarth and I was confused that what are they talking about?

"What?" I asked.

"A man killed her wife" Samarth said and I was horrified.

"Wh---what?" I tried to say but the word were not coming out from my mouth.

"Seeing you taking side of a girl and not letting a girl in her teens marry a old man. A woman also did the same to save her daughter and in return her husband killed her and got married his daughter to an old man and for this the old man has given him one lakh rupees" Samarth said.

"And no action was taken against it?" I inquired.

He shook his head in disapproval.

I headed towards Shavan and said - "But yesterday only Begum Shazia told us that she would give equal rights to man and woman"

For the first few seconds, he was quiet. He's testing my patience. But still I waited for him to answer. How can he be silent for such a disastrous work?