Twenty Six: Crazy For You

"So," Atlas paused. "What do we do now?"

"You're covering Denise's breakfast shift tomorrow morning, right?" Emil asked. Atlas nodded in response. "I'll drop you home, then. It's late and you should get a good eight hours in bed."

"Oh," Atlas blinked. Seriously? That wasn't what he was expecting. Emil really was just going to feed him and then take him home? That's it? "Okay then, yeah, let's go."

Emil smiled, though it didn't quite reach his eyes like it usually did. The two men left after that, driving mostly in silence with the radio playing on low volume in the background. Atlas glanced at the crime boss from time to time, trying to be subtle but in reality he was unable to take this eyes off of him.

Atlas felt confused and torn. He could no longer avoid that he had feelings for the other man. And Emil clearly liked him too...so why was he staying away even when Atlas was trying to get close to him?

Atlas sighed, shaking his head lightly before facing out the window. He knew that even if he questioned Emil on it, Emil would just tell him that he wants Atlas to be ready or what not. But Atlas did feel ready. How was he supposed to convey that to the gangster, though?

Maybe I should just scream in his face, Atlas thought to himself.

Yep. That totally sounded like a great idea.

They reached Atlas's building, and like always, Emil got out of the car to drop the head chef to his apartment. Atlas walked with his hands in his pockets, with Emil following a couple of steps behind him. It felt awkward, and Atlas didn't even know why.

Atlas unlocked the door, holding and staring at the knob and it felt like deja vu. He turned to look at the crime boss, who was watching him rather intensely.

And then, Atlas said the words he never thought that he would.

"Do you want to come in?"

Emil was visibly shocked. He clearly wasn't expecting Atlas to invite him in, especially after the chef had stated that he wasn't comfortable with Emil in his home.

"Are you sure?" Emil couldn't help but ask.

"Yes." There wasn't a single doubt in Atlas's mind.

"Okay," Emil whispered with a nod. Atlas passed him a quick smile as he opened the door and stepped aside to let the man enter.

They went into his living room, and Emil looked around, seeming a little on edge.

"Do you want something to drink? I have beer. And some wine too. Though it's cheap wine that I use for cooking," Atlas offered.

"No thanks," Emil replied. "I have to drive, so I shouldn't drink."

He's kind, sexy, and a responsible driver? Can he get any more attractive!? Atlas groaned internally. It was pretty much impossible for him to not like Emil at this point. He would have to be a creature with a heart made of stone.

Even then, I'm sure Emil would've found a way to make my heart melt.

The crime boss was persistent, after all.

"Fair enough," Atlas muttered. He noticed where Emil was standing, and a light laugh escaped his lips.

"What's funny?" Emil asked.

"You're standing exactly where you stood when I first saw you," Atlas recalled. "I was just out of the shower and I saw you...a stranger in my living room and I was so confused."