𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨
𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞

-

I laugh at Erlings face as he trips over the foot of a boy that played for our school. They decided to play a match against Dortmund and our schools team was losing miserably, but it was so funny. 

My phone starts to ring in my pocket so I stand up and go somewhere quieter before picking up.

"Hello?" I say, pulling the phone to my ear. 

I hear a girl screaming and crying in the background and my dads angry voice. "(Y/n), get your ass home. Your sister is crying like a fucking bitch and I don't want to deal with her!" 

"Don't call her that." I hiss, looking around to make sure no one was around. 

"Just get here before I slap her mouth shut." He snaps before cutting the line. 

I quickly make my way back to my seat and grab my bag.

"I've got to head to dad's house. Sorry." I tell Tayma. 

"It's fine, is everything okay?" She questions as I wave at the boys who were playing, telling them I was going. 

"Yeah, just a couple of issues. I'll tell you when I see you at home." I say as fast as I could before rushing off. 

-JUDES POV-

"Alright, boys!" The coach shouts. "Let's wrap it up!" 

We all stop playing the match and, instead of helping pack things away, I make my way to Tayma. 

"Where'd (Y/n) go?" I question. 

"To her dads house." Tayma says as she stands up and stretches. 

"Is she okay?"

"She said she is, i don't know though." 

"Why the hell would she be okay if she's going to her dads house. Since when did she ever want to go there?" I ask, giving Tayma a questioning look.

"Good point, I should probably go." She says as she grabs her things. 

"It's fine. I'll go." I offer and she drops her things. 

"Yeah, you probably should. Maybe her dads being an idiot and he'll only stop if he sees you there." Tayma says thoughtfully. 

"What? Does he not stop shouting when you're there?" I quiz, furrowing my brow.

"Nope! He might even yell louder." She shrugs. 

"What a bastard." I mumble as Tayma hands me my car keys from her purse. "Bye, tell the boys I'll take us all for dinner tonight." I say before running off and into my car. 

As soon as I pull up in front of (y/n)'s dads house, I can hear shouting coming from inside. 

"Dad, why can't you just go with her?" I hear (Y/n)'s voice pleading. 

"I'm not going to that stupid bullshit!" He dad shouts angrily. 

I knock on the door, but I don't think anyone heard because it doesn't open.

"It's just 3 hours long, all you have to do is go on stage. Your daughter is crying her eyes out because her father refuses to dance with her! Do you seriously want her to be the only girl in her grade who's father doesn't show up for her!" (Y/n) shouts. I could hear her sister sobbing in the background so I try to knock louder but they still don't hear. "You already destroyed mine. You didn't come to my daddy daughter dance and embarrassed me. Don't do this to her." She begs and I could hear her voice breaking.

"I said I'm not going and thats that!" Her father shouts the loudest I've ever heard someone yell. 

"Pleas-" (Y/n) starts, but she gets cut off by a bunch of clattering noises and then a loud thud. I take this as my queue to barge in as I look in front of me to see her little sister on the floor, crying her eyes out. "Jude?" 

My eyes divert to (Y/n)'s voice as I see her dad had her pinned against the wall with his hand tightly wrapped around her throat. What the actual fuck.

I make my way to her and pry his hands off of her and shove him back. She stumbles slightly because the only thing that was holding her up was the force of her dads hand. I catch her before she could fall as she silently gasps for air. 

"You're okay." I whisper. I turn around to see her father glaring at us before walking off and up the stairs. "Are you okay?" I ask as soon as he's out of sight. 

"I'm fine." She breathes as she stands up straight. "Check on my sister." She says as she pants. 

I walk over to her sister and lift her off the ground, carrying her in my arms. Her sister cries into my shoulder as I hold her tightly. (Y/n) grabs a glass and fills it with water.

She sits on the couch and pats her lap, telling me to put her sister down. "Alissa." She says softly. "Drink some water." 

"What happened?" I ask as I set her sister down in her laps. 

"It's stupid." She says and I could tell she was holding back tears. 

"(Y/n)." I say as I see her lift the glass of water to Alissa's mouth, her hand shaking. I grab the glass from her hand and pick Alissa up and put her on my lap, giving her the water as the little girl slowly starts to calm down before resting her head on my shoulder. I grab onto (Y/n)'s shaking hand and hold it tightly. "Tell me what happened."

"Alissa." She croaks as she holds my hand and sits back. I rub circles on the top of her hand. "She has this daddy daughter dance at her school tomorrow and she asked my father if he could do it with her but he refuses to. She has her dress picked out and everything." She explains. I look down at the sleeping girl in my laps and sigh. "I just asked him to go because he didn't go to mine and it was embarrassing. I was watching my whole class dance with their fathers while sitting in a crowd in my dress." 

My heart breaks slightly as I pull her head into my chest, next to her sisters sleeping face. I lay back on the sofa so that we were laying down slightly. 

"I'll go with her." I offer. 

"You don't have to. I can ask someone else, I know how busy you are. Plus you have a match tomorrow right after the dance." She says as she places her hand on my chest and plays with the fabric of my shirt. 

"It's fine. I won't be part of the starting line up. I'll ask them to swap my out cuz I'll be late and everything with be fine." I reassure. 

"Jude, that's a lot to ask. Don't worry about it." (Y/n) says as she moves her hand from my chest to her sisters cheek. 

"I don't mind at all, just let me do it." I partially beg, hoping she'd say yes. 

She looks up at me and I see her eyes flicker down for a second before looking back into my eyes. "Okay." She sighs, starting to look down but I grab her chin and lift her head back up. 

"Tell me what I need to wear and I'll see what I can do." I say softly. 

She smiles and nods and I can see her face getting closer to mine. My head lowers and I feel her lips brush against mine. But of course, the sound of knocking coming from the door interupts us. I groan as I throw my head back and she laughs.