chapter one

Milo

-

I was ten when I first met him, Atlas, it was at a summer camp, for band, he was playing the clarinet, while I was playing the trumpet. We went to separate schools, and I had never seen him again after those few short weeks, however something about his shit eating grin had me hooked. I remember his beautiful, bright brown eyes, and I remember how adorable and how contagious his smile was.

I didn't know what love was back then, after all, I was only ten, but I constantly thought about him, and dreamt about him.

Well.. I used to.

It was last year, when I was fourteen, that he had transferred to my school. He looked the same, as when we were ten, however he had grown a good three inches, (he was still shorter than me by a lot), and he had dark hair, and his brown eyes were less bright, and more mischievous. He still had his same old shit eating grin.

"Milo?" A delicate voice called out my name, and I felt movement against my chest. Shit I forgot about him. I opened my eyes, and looked down at the boy laying in my lap.

"What's up?" I asked softly, running my hands through his hair. "I was thinking about the project.. and I was wondering, what if we combine our work with Atlas and Tyler's work?" The boy said.

"Maybe, I'll talk to Tyler about it" I mumbled softly kissing his forehead. The other giggled and gave me a shy smile. "I love you" he said, resting his head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his body, and pulled him closer. "I love you too Aiden" I sighed out, closing my eyes, and resting my head on the wall behind Aiden's bed.

I'm such a bastard. How could I love another, someone who I barely even know, when I'm with someone as precious as Aiden is? I'm so fucked.

I heaved a heavy sigh, as I heard gentle snoring next to me. I closed my eyes, and shifted slightly. How could I think of another guy, who I hardly talk to, when I have someone as delicate, and perfect?

I don't think I could ever love someone else, I don't think I could love someone who's not Atlas. Not if it's Aiden, not if it was Tyler or some other boy. I couldn't. I wouldn't.

I looked over at Aiden's nightstand, and saw my phone light up with a message from Atlas. I know I shouldn't have checked it, not while I'm cuddling with my boyfriend, but I had too.

15:34//Atlas
Do you want to hang out at my place tn? No one's home + I'm bored.

15:35//Milo:
Can I bring Aiden?

15:35//Atlas:
No.

15:36//Milo:
Kind of suspicious. But yeah, I'll be there.

15:36//Atlas:
Great! See ya soon, Slow-mo

I cringed slightly at the nickname. I rolled my eyes, and shut off his phone. I had shook Aiden slightly, who let out a small whine, and shifted. Aiden's eyes fluttered open behind his long lashes.

"Baby..?" The other said, his voice laced with what could be decades of sleep. "What's happening?" He asked with a small yawn. I bit my inner lip "I have to go home, my mom wants me to be back by six thirty to take care of my sister" I lied. Aiden nodded, and got off my lap, "tell your mom and sister I said hi" he said, giving me a small smile. I leaned over and gave him a sloppy, wet kiss.

He kissed me back, with even more passion, his arms wrapped around the back of my head, pulling me so close it was like he never wanted to let go of me.

We broke apart, and Aiden gave me a small smile. "I love you, Milo" he said softly. I felt my stomach tighten slightly, and my heart dropped.

Don't say it back. Don't. You don't mean it. You're in love with Atlas. Not Aiden. Do not say it back to him.

"I love you too" I said, giving Aiden a goofy, lopsided grin, watching Aiden giggle softly. I got off his bed, and picked up my shirt off the ground, I slipped it over my head, and put my arms through the arm-holes.

I grabbed my shoes, and slipped them on, heading to the door of his room. "see you later, baby boy" I said, softly watching as Aiden blushed, and buried his face away into his knees.

I opened the door and left his room, walking down the stairs depending on the second floor, I saw Christine, Aiden's older sister, fixing the fan. "Oh, hey" she said, glaring at me.

I raised a brow. "What's your problem?" I said, glaring back at her. She got off the ladder, and gave me a look.

"You don't actually like him? Do you?"

What she asked me caught me off guard. I heaved a small sigh, and gave her a cheeky grin. "You're right. I don't" I said, shrugging.
Her glare harden, and she opened her mouth to say something, but closed it, and took a step closer to me.

"I love him" I said, giving her a small smirk. She froze. "Bullshit" she said, keeping her voice low. "You're lying. You don't love him, at all!" She huffed out. I raised my brows, and frowned.

"And why do you think that?" I asked her. "I.." she froze slightly, and looked down, exactly bitch. You know nothing. I rolled my eyes, and shoved past her.

"Maybe you shouldn't just jump to conclusions, and also, stay out of mine and your brothers relationship." I retorted, opening the door and shutting it.

-16:30-

I made it to Atlas's home. It was in an old apartment complex, near the school. I clicked the old, rusty button for the apartment, and he buzzed me in.

I walked inside of the old lobby, that was filled with old grandma couches and designs, there was a thick smell of Cigarettes and mold.

I walked up the stairs to Atlas's apartment number. When I got therez I knocked carefully, and a little boy answered.

"Hello mister!" He said, his brown hair slightly covering his hazel eyes. "Uh.. hi? Is Atlas home?" I asked, tilting my head. The little boy nodded, and took a step back, allowing me in. "Come with me mister!" He said, grinning.

He shut the door behind me, and led me into a hall, showing me where Atlas's room was.

The apartment itself smelt like booze, and weed, which was sort of unsettling due to the fact that there was a little kid staying here.

The little boy gave me a bright smile, and turned around walking away to do whatever he was doing before. That's when I noticed on his arms he had red finger marks, as if someone had just recently grabbed his arms and dragged him around.

I inhaled sharply and knocked on Atlas's door. I heard shuffling and small curses, then the door opened.

-----

Hiii!!! So first chapter!! I low-key kinda got nervous writing these two (Atlas and Milos) story, and ironically, they're based off of an irl experience I had with someone when I was younger, so writing these is coming to ease but its awkward to, cuz like.. idk.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. Bye <3