𝟕. 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?

Night dawned and I should call my angry bird

Night dawned and I should call my angry bird. I have been sitting here for the past 30 minutes staring at her number.

Me, never in the history of being Arhaan Malhotra, agonized over calling a woman.
Am I that much desperate?
But I should check out if she had her food or not. She is too stubborn to do what others say.

Finally I mustered all the courage I could get and pressed the call button.
1 ring, 2 ring, 3 ring, just before I was about to cut the call her smooth voice filled the line.
She said hello multiple times before I regained my senses and responded.
"Hey it's Arhaan."
"Oh, hello." Her voice contained a bit of realisation. We were both silent for a while.

"Did you eat your food?" I blurted out not wanting to make the situation more awkward.

"Yes. Just now."
"How do I know that you're not lying?"
Suspicion was evident in my voice.
"I'll swear on you." Laughter laced her voice.
"No thanks. Swear on your brother."
"Okay Mr Stup-off Malhotra, I swear on my brother."
"What's Stup-off?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.
"None of your concern. By the way how did you get my number?"
Amusement and suspicion lingered her voice.

"I have my ways baby girl." I drawled and got a scoff from her as response.
"Uh. I have to go. Bye-bye. Good night. See you tomorrow."

And that was it she cut the call without even hearing my response. This girl is too difficult to understand.

I cut my call with Arhaan abruptly, because I didn't like the feeling I was getting from one call

I cut my call with Arhaan abruptly, because I didn't like the feeling I was getting from one call. It was absurd.
Just one call isn't capable of all that. Maybe it's because of its context. He called me to make sure if I ate my food. That was a gesture of care.
Of course I got care from my family but that didn't account to the care you got from someone who is not related by blood.

I was left dejected when I longed for care. But now I was getting it without even asking for it and that mere idea of someone caring for me send a joult of electricity through my spine.

After all I deserve love and care, right?

But what if he also ends up hurting me? I am like a magnet for pain. One way or another my heart will get broken at the end. And I don't want that to happen again and specifically don't want Arhaan to be a part of it. We are now going to be a family and we'll meet occasionally and it will be a another bigger pain itself.

I should somehow try to make Arhaan loss his affection to me. But damn it, that guy is getting more and more difficult each moment.

Just then my phone pinged with the notification of a text. I glanced that the phone and saw that it was him.

Stup-off💀💄 : Good Night<3

How the hell did he text me the exact moment I thought about him.
"You have been thinking about him for hours." my inner conscience mocked.
Great! Just great.

Me : Gud nyt :)

The three dots indicating that he was typing popped up, disappeared, and popped up again. His message came soon.

Stup-off💀💄 : why are you still awake?
Me : I can ask you the same.
Stup-off💀💄 : I was out.
Me : I am damn sure that you are a thief.
Stup-off💀💄 : I was riding my bike.

I could practically see him rolling eyes. Annoying him in the middle of night via texting is too fun than I anticipated.

Me : To steal.
Stup-off💀💄 : Should I come there to steal your heart?

This idiot made me tongue tied through a message. Good lord. I can feel my cheeks heating up.

Me : It's already stolen.
Stup-off💀💄 : By me right?
Me : It'll never be you.
Stup-off💀💄 : It'll only be me princess.
Stup-off💀💄 : Keep that in mind.
Me : Whatever.
Stup-off💀💄 : Don't lose sleep. Go and sleep like a cute baby.
Me : Shut upppppppppp.
Stup-off💀💄 : Yes Ma'am.

I left his message on seen and kept my phone aside. I can literally see the possessiveness building inside him and there is only one way to put out that flame. My past.

I have never wanted to dig it up again. But maybe it might help.
Maybe he will realise that I am hard to love and then leave.

Knowing Arhaan, it might be hard. But I can still try right? What if I succeeds. It's a win win.

I sighed and laid on my bed and soon sleep engulfed me as I completely slipped into my fantasy land.

(Next chapter teaser : Past and love)

Heyy lovelies...
This was also a small chapter and sorry for that...but I'll update frequently to make that up...
Love uh your Savera
Follow me on Instagram for more spoilers @wordsofsavera