This is love | 🐿️🐧

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

This is Love

"When is this even going to end?" Kai mumbled to himself, letting out a tired sigh, as he watched the last person present their presentation in the class.

Kai had extra classes in University, as he had to submit his Media and communication report today.

He wanted the class to end fast now, because Taehyun was waiting for Kai outside.

Taehyun and Kai, were best friends since as long as they could remember. If Kai's asked to rummage into his oldest childhood memories, Taehyun would be present in every single one of them.

Kai first met Taehyun when he was seven, in a playground near his house. Kai had moved to Korea from China because of his parents, and he still wasn't fluent in Korean, so he was sitting alone, until a kid with uniquely big eyes, bouncy bowl-cut hair and a toothy smile approached him.

Kai remembers Taehyun extending his hand for Kai to hold, and inviting him to play with his friends, and since that day, Kai never left Taehyun's hands, neither did Taehyun.

Since then, their friendship went through several friend groups, big and small fights, separations and what not, but they stuck together like glue. And that's how they're now here, at 21; pursuing their own University degrees.

It was 6pm now, and Kai finally was done with his class.

"Finally! Freedom!"
Kai groaned, walking outside the class, with his bag slinging from his shoulders, as his eyes fell on his best friend waiting for him at the entrance.

"Taehyun-ah! Hey!" Kai waved, an instant smile blooming on his face as he caught the sight of the shorter brunette.

Taehyun waved back, noticing Kai walking towards him.

"About time you're here." Taehyun spoke in his usual dull tone. But his gaze was soft, only for Kai.

"Come on, let's go." Taehyun added, signalling Kai to walk along.

"Mhm." Kai smiled, walking along with Taehyun. The campus was slowly emptying, as numerous students in groups or singles were walking out. The weather was warm and humid, but black clouds were covering the usually blue sky, indicating a rain shower soon.

"Did you wait too long?" Kai asked, as he walked along his best friend.

Taehyun glanced up at the sky, and shrugged.

"I'm used to waiting for you, so I'm fine." He answered, his tone not carrying any emotion as if he was used to not showing any emotion, but now that Kai was with him, Taehyun's demeanour had softened, and he glanced over at him, taking note of every detail on his face.

"True that." Kai hummed.
"Looks like it's about to Rain.." Kai said, looking up at the sky.

Taehyun's eyes met Kai's, and he nodded slowly in agreement. The clouds seemed to be slowly gathering in one corner of the sky and a few distant thunderclaps could be heard.