...Always a cheater

A/N: Brace yourselves, happy-ending fanatics :)  1 more chapter.

As the elevator doors slid open on her office floor, Sam pulled out her phone. Her heart swelled at the sight of the wallpaper—a serene image of Mon and Hope peacefully napping together. It was a reminder of the warmth awaiting her at home.

Exiting the elevator, Sam walked toward her office. Entering her office, she spotted a framed picture resting on her desk—the cherished selfie of the three of them, radiating happiness and togetherness. Her smile widened as she picked it up, holding it close for a moment, reveling in the love captured in the image.

"I'm so lucky to have these two in my life," she murmured to herself, her voice filled with heartfelt gratitude.

Returning her attention to the stack of papers in front of her. Sam dove back into her work, the rhythm of typing and the rustle of papers creating a background symphony to her thoughts.

Hours slipped by, marked by the steady tick of the clock. Sam's focus remained steadfast on her tasks, her dedication unwavering.

Amidst the flurry of executive tasks, Sam juggled emails, reviewed reports, and finalized plans for the upcoming quarter. Her dedication and leadership shone through as she efficiently managed the operations, her mind briefly wandering to Mon and Hope, a source of solace amidst the demanding workday.

As the evening sun cast a golden hue on the office, Sam's unwavering determination persisted. With a sense of accomplishment tinged with weariness, she neatly organized her workspace, ensuring a smooth transition for the following day.

Just then, the peaceful atmosphere was disrupted by an unwelcome intrusion. The office door creaked open, and Sam's heart skipped a beat. Standing in the doorway was an unsettling sight that instantly sent a wave of unease through Sam's core—Nita.

Nita's presence was unexpected and jarring, especially at this hour. Sam's smile faded, replaced by a guarded expression as she regarded the unwelcome visitor, her heart rate quickening with discomfort.

"Khun Sam," Nita said with an air of nonchalance, her gaze glancing around the office before settling on Sam.

Sam straightened in her seat, her voice steady but tinged with wariness. "Nita, what are you doing here?"

Nita strolled further into the room, a calculated smirk playing on her lips. "Just checking in," she replied casually, her eyes scanning the surroundings as if assessing the situation.

Sam's guard went up. "This isn't the time or place for casual visits," she stated firmly, her tone leaving no room for ambiguity.

Nita's demeanor shifted subtly, her words carrying an undercurrent of something Sam couldn't quite decipher. "Right, right. I wouldn't want any distractions, especially with your growing family," Nita remarked, her tone veiled with insinuation.