Sleepy Bois Inc.

"Remember what to say, Y/n?" My mother said from the passenger seat. I nodded my head and said it. "Hello, I'm Y/n. I suffer from short-term memory loss." She smiled back at me and ruffled my hair. "Great job kiddo." She sat back in her seat and I could see ahead the sign of Alton Towers ahead. 

As a kid, It was my utmost want to go there. When my dad said we could go there, I almost passed out with joy. We got our bags packed and flew down to come here. My mom said we could even visit some other places around England after the theme park. 

My dad had parked the rental car and everyone got out, including me. My mom grabbed the backpack and we all grouped up and walked to the entrance. We did the ticket thing and finally were able to be free in the park. My mom told me not to go too far away, and to ask her to go on any rides. I said ok.

I went on a spinny ride first with my parents and I had a blast. They brought me around the park and I went on so many rides. We went on the Smiler and then got off. I waited at the exit for my parents, but I couldn't see them anywhere. Then I forgot and I just walked around, not sure of what I was doing. 

Not too far away, I could see a guy pleading an adult for cotton candy. "Please can I ju- can we- can we please just get some man..." The guy whined to the dad looking guy. "We'll get a little." The dad looking guy said. "But I don't want a little man! I'm here and it's gonna- it's gonna be good!" The blonde one rebuked.

"It's pure sugar." The dad guy said again. "It's not pure sugar, It's pure joy!" Once again, the dad guy argues back. "It's diabetes in a box." The blonde guy and the dad guy kept arguing back and forth, but I saw another guy just standing by buying cotton candy.

I walked up to the dad looking one. I mean, he looks trusting and is honestly responsible for saying no to cotton candy. "Hello." The guy got spooked for a second but looked down at me. "Oh hey mate. Uh, what's up?" He said awkwardly. The blonde teenager guy came over and looked at me. "Phil it's a child!" He practically screamed. "Yeah I know Tommy. Obviously."

"What are you doing here child?" The blonde one said to me. "I'm Y/n. I have short-term memory loss." The teen blinked a few times and looked back over to Phil. "Uh, Phil. Is this kid joking or like actually can't remember stuff." Phil shrugged and spoke to me again. "Hey where are your parents?"

My face was the definition of confused. Parents? What are those, because I don't think I know where my parents are. "Parents?" I questioned, and he nodded. "I don't think I have any of them.  Where do you get them?" The blonde boy laughed and turned away, but Phil just looked concerned. "Uh, well. If you don't have parents, you can stick with us." 

"Oh. Ok." I responded. The guy that was getting cotton candy ran over to the group, carrying loads of cotton candy buckets. Tommy hopped up and down and took them from him. He sat down on the grass and started inhaling the cotton candy. "It's blueberry!" He yelled as he stuffed his face. Phil turned to the guy who came over and pointed to me. "Wilbur, I have found this child. I'm keeping them." Wilbur, it seemed, was slightly shocked but accepted it anyways.

"Oi Y/n!" Tommy yelled. "Come get some sugar!" Phil was about to say otherwise, but he just let it go. I walked over to Tommy and sat beside him. He loaded me with a bucket of strawberry cotton candy and told me how freaking good it was. I opened the bucket and tried some. My eyes sparkled and I also started decimating the cotton candy like Tommy. 

After we ate some cotton candy, Phil made sure I stuck with their group as we walked around the park. I stayed with at least one of them when they went on an attraction, and we did that until the park closed. We started leaving and Tommy held my hand. "Wasn't that a funny day child!" He laughed as he skipped out of the park with me. Phil and Wilbur trailed behind as they searched for their car. 

When they found the car, I saw some people I think I knew. They looked anxious and the woman was crying. I paused and looked at them, trying to remember. Wilbur noticed and looked where I was looking. "What?" He looked over and didn't really notice. "Come on kid." He pushed me a bit back into walking and so I started walking with him. I got into the car with Tommy in the back. He buckled me up and patted me on the head.

I was still in a daze, trying to figure out where I knew them from. "Phil, I saw people." He was in the driver's seat and was starting to pull out. "Oh?" I looked out the car window. "I feel like I know them..."