Prologue

While her husband Sid was driving, Kaira was seated in the front seat of the car. She was looking out the window, enjoying the scenery. Sid and Kaira were traveling to an out-of-town friend's farm house. The sun faded slowly. The sky's golden hour is gradually changing to night. Her face was being touched by a chilly breeze. With her husband by her side, the world seemed even more beautiful as the city's lights gradually came on. Kaira touched Sid's left hand with her right.

Sid: What is it, Mrs. Sid? Are you hungry?

Kaira: Nah, I'm just admiring my handsome husband.

Sid: What can I say? You are very lucky that I was born handsome.

Kaira: Is it? Then you are really fortunate to have a gorgeous wife like me.

Sid: I can't deny that. Let's agree that we both are blessed to have each other.

Kaira: This sounds perfect to me.

Both chuckled when a call interrupted them.

Kaira: It's your friend Ali calling you.

Sid: Answer the phone and tell him that we are close and will reach them within 10 minutes.

Kaira answered Sid's phone.

Ali: Bhabi (sister-in-law), where are you? I and Niha have been waiting for you both.

Kaira: We are close by, Ali. We will be there in minutes.

Ali: Ok, Bhabi, come fast and drive safe.

Sid and Kaira reached Ali and Niha's farm house. They gather every Saturday and chill out there. Ali and Sid have been best friends since their childhood. Ali and Niha were married recently, as were Sid and Kaira. This is their first meeting after getting married and, of course, officially as couples. They were all excited to spend time together and catch up on each other's lives.

After some chit chatting and dinner, they thought to play a game. They took a bottle and started to play Truth or Dare. The bottle stopped at Sid, and now Niha should ask him a question.

Niha: Truth or Dare, Sid?

Sid: Truth.

Niha: Are you afraid of ghosts?

Sid: I'm married to Kaira. Why will I have a fear of ghosts?

Kaira: Are you comparing me with ghosts!!??

Sid: Chill, dear, it's just a game.

Kaira: Enough of your jokes.

Sid: Ok.. Ok.. Sorry. I was just kidding around.

Kaira looked angrily at Sid. But Sid was good at calming her with his cute smile. They shook the bottle again. Now it's Ali and Sid's turn. Sid should ask Ali.

Sid: Ok, my brother. Truth or dare?

Ali: Dare.

Sid: I dare you to drink Sprite with thumbs up.

Ali reluctantly drinks the mixture. Now they spin the bottle again. Now Ali should ask Kaira.

Ali: Bhabi Truth or Dare?

Kaira: Truth

Ali: I've been the bestie of your husband since childhood. Do you have any?

This question shook Kaira's head. She is unable to speak. Understanding Kaira's uneasiness, Sid answered Ali's question.

Sid: Why are you asking silly questions, bro? I've been Kaira's bestie since we met.

Sid was right. Sid and Kaira met at 10 years of age. But still, the word "bestie" caused a storm in Kaira's head.

The game ended after some turns, and they talked about some life and society stuff. After some time, they both started going to their house, which is located in the city. Kaira was silent throughout their journey. Sid didn't try to disturb her because he could hear all the thoughts that were whirling in her head. After reaching home, Kaira was still silent, even though it's their time to sleep. Sid pacified Kaira.

Sid: Don't think about the person who hurt you. It would be better if we focused on good things. Why don't you focus on your friends like Chandini, who supported you? It's time to go to sleep, Kaira. Don't think too much and spoil your health. Sleep, my cutie pie.

Sid calms Kaira, gives her a kiss on the forehead, and waits until Kaira sleeps. After some time, Kaira slowly starts sleeping, but the trauma she faced haunts her like nightmares.