Sociopath

*Seven year old Sherlock*

"Mycroft..... The stupid kids at school hurt me and called me a freak again. Why do they like to hurt me? I'm not a freak....." Sherlock said and wiped away tears. Mycroft felt helpless.

"No, Sherlock, you're not. You are just different. Very Very different, and very special." Mycroft said and hugged his brother.

"But don't ever again let them call you a freak. And if they do, don't listen to them. Don't care what they have to say. Don't waste your time on them." Mycroft said. Sherlock was now looking up at his older brother, tears still falling down his face.

"Caring is not an advantage, Sherlock." Mycroft said. Sherlock nodded and wiped away his tears. He went into his room and got his books on psychology out.

"I have to find something. Anything. If I'm different.......what am I?" Sherlock asked and flipped through the pages of the huge book.

"I can't be alone." Sherlock said. He kept flipping through the book.

"Wait, that's it! Mycroft, come here!" Sherlock yelled as he found the right page. Mycroft ran upstairs.

"Look Mycroft! I was reading and I could be a sociopath!" Sherlock said and pointing to the page.

"But Sherlock, you clearly aren't a-" Mycroft tried to explain.

"I'm not alone! There's other people like me. I don't have to be alone." Sherlock said excited.  Mycroft thought for a moment.

"......No Sherlock. You don't have to be alone." Mycroft said and hugged his younger brother. I should say something, but what? He's happier this way. Why should I tell him to be otherwise?

*Present day Sherlock*

"Damn Sally and Anderson and that whole damn police force." Sherlock said as he stormed into his flat.

"Sherlock, you're over reacting. It's really not that bad-" John said.

"They know nothing. They aren't worth my time. Most of them aren't worth anything and yet they have the audacity to call me a freak? To yell and blame me?" Sherlock asked.

"Sherlock just calm-" John tried to say.

"What the hell is their problem with me? They're the ones whoa re the freaks. They're the ones who deserve the constant torment and humiliation, not me." Sherlock said.

"You're starting to worry me. Please stop. Tell me what's wrong." John said and grabbed Sherlock's arm.

"THERE'S NOTHING WRONG! DON'T TOUCH ME! I DON'T NEED YOUR SYMPATHY!" Sherlock yelled and yanked his arm away. He put his head in his hands.

"There's nothing wrong with me. I'm not a freak. I am a sociopath. I don't need emotions. I don't need anyone." Sherlock said as tears started to fill up his eyes.

"It's okay to be upset. It's a normal human thing." John said quietly.

"I-I'm not normal, I'm different." Sherlock said.

"No Sherlock, you are not. You have feelings like everyone else and there is nothing wrong with  that." John said.

"You aren't a freak or a sociopath or anything. You are just you. And while it's okay to be upset, you don't need to be alone and distant. I'm willing to help you." John said. Sherlock looked up.

"John.......Thank you." Sherlock said and hugged John. Mycroft, who was watching through the camera he had planted there when Sherlock first moved in, remembered the time when Sherlock first found out he was a sociopath.

"Sherlock, I'm glad you have John." Mycroft said and turned off the camera.