XVII

"What happened to you?" Stefan asked Damon, who was chained to the chair, had the ring on his foot and had something stuck in his rib. "Any ripper game, that doesn't involve me." Damon added.

"I did not do this." says Stefan walking towards Damon."Stop fooling around." adds Damon and immediately Stefan pulls that thing from his rib."Leave it to me!" I say, walking past Stefan to go help Damon.

Trying to untie those chains, I notice how the curtain pulls itself and Damon burns himself, without the ring. "Pull the curtain!" Damon shouts and I do exactly what he tells me.

I pull the curtain and quickly go to put the ring on her finger. "What the hell happened?" I ask. "Mason Lockwood." Damon answers me immediately.

"Who is that?" I ask. "A wolf I tortured and killed. He's Tyler's uncle." he says as soon as he breaks the last chain. "Where are you going?" I ask. "Bonnie, she must have broken something."

In the end, I also went with Damon, but he stayed to talk to Bonnie in front of the Mystic Grill and I went in and sat at the table with Alaric.

"You found something?" I ask when I see that Damon is sitting next to us." Neh... she decides, let her." says Damon.

"One of you will pay for this, won't you?" asked a man whom I hadn't noticed when he sat down next to us. "Let's get along. I killed you. You want revenge, stand in line." Damon says to this individual. "Actually, I want an apology." he says and I start laughing. "Good luck with that." I add.

"Don't you have a family to haunt? Your nephew has been turned into a hybrid slave." says Damon, realizing that it's that Mason, Tyler's uncle.

"That's why I'm here, to help Tyler." added Mason."Sorry I have to tell you this, but Tyler can't be helped. At least while Klaus is alive, that is always." says Damon.

"Not necessarily. Not if you can find a weapon that could kill him." says Mason."There is no weapon that--" I don't finish the sentence because maybe it's not what I think.

"What do you know?" asks Damon. "See you at the old Lockood cellar. Bring a shovel." Mason says, looking at me and continuing. "Come alone."

"What, are you going to bury me alive?" Damon asks. "Don't tempt me." says Mason leaving us.

"Don't the Lockwoods know that these tunnels are under their ownership?" Elena asked Alaric while Damon had desperately called us to go to the place where Mason proposed to meet. "Be careful with that light. Bats hate light." says Alaric to both of them and suddenly Damon tries to scare me, but he didn't succeed, but he scared Elena.

"I hear about vampires, bro." I say as we continue on our way."You really can't go in?" asks Elena. "No, it seems that the ancient Lockwoods were against vampires." says Damon, walking past Elena, leaving us both behind.

"How do you mean the ancients?" asks Elena." See for yourself." Damon says, walking another 20 meters." Liv and I can go this far." says Damon, stopping behind him and making room for Elena and Alaric to enter.

"What is there?" I ask, unable to see. "As far as I can tell, it's a story." says Alaric."In simple archaeological terms, it's a very, very old story." added Ric.

"That one over there is a cycle moon. A man and a wolf." says Ric. "A werewolf." Elena guesses. "Yes, it's the Lockwood diaries." says Damon. "Shut up, Damon." I shout at him. "When I was in bed, you told me not to be silent." Damon smiles at me.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwood family came here with the original founders in 1860." Elena asks. "Maybe the Lockwood family came. But according to this wall, these werewolves have been here for a lot longer." says Alaric. "How much?" asks Elena."A lot." Damon immediately answers.

"Names. And they are not native. They are written with runic characters. A Viking story." says Alaric. "Vikings?" I ask in shock. "The translation of this name is Niklaus." Alaric tells us. "Klaus..." Elena connects immediately. "And Elijah. And Rebekah." Ric tells us.

"These are the names of the first vampires?" asks Elena. "Carved in a cave that is here before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even before the New World, whatever." added Alaric.

"The New World? Ohoo." I say."Okay, of course it's a fake made by Klaus." says Elena."It could be that it's just that the last name here made us change our minds." Alaric says.

"And that's it?" I ask. "Mikael." he says. "Mikael, you mean the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus?" asks Elena."Yes." Damon immediately answers from next to me."Now I like to call him,Papa Original." add Damon.

"Hey what are you doing?" Rebekah asks me as soon as I walk in the door. "I'm extremely tired. What are you doing?" I answer.

"Alright girls. Come on." says Rebekah, and I didn't understand what she was referring to. At that moment, several ladies came, elegantly dressed, all sitting in a row in front of her. "What is this?" I ask.

"I need a prom dress. How do you like them? Pick one." Rebekah tells me. "The red one." I just tell him not to stress me out.

As soon as I chose the dress, the girls went back and I was left alone with Rebekah."It's like I told you to call Elena too!" she says to me. "I'm going to come--" I don't finish saying the sentence when I hear footsteps at the door. "She came." I say excitedly towards the door to open it.

"Elena, dear, welcome." Rebekah tells her. "You will find out what I allow you to find out. Do you understand?" Rebekah hurried to Elena.

I went upstairs to Stefan's bedroom just to make Elena's ambition "How much fun is this?" asks Rebekah entering the room and rushing into Stefan's drawer while Elena was standing at the entrance and I entered after Rebekah.

"We shouldn't be here." says Elena. "Of course you should. Come on, it's like you never wanted to pick your nose?" Rebekah says as she grabs a pair of boxers from Stefan's drawer.

"Boxers, that's a change from the 20s, isn't it Olivia?" Rebekah asks me. I don't answer but I smile and raise my eyebrows. "Are you going to go through his things or tell us the story?" Elena asks.

"What do you want to know?" she asks. "Elijah said that your father took land in Europe. How did you get here?" Elena asks.

"My parents had started to start a family when the plague hit them. They lost a child. They wanted to run away and protect their future family from the same fate." Rebekah answers us."And how did you get here? This part was not yet discovered." I ask. "By no one in our history books." says Rebekah."But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy. That brought my family here, where I lived among those people."

"Werewolves?" asks Elena. "For us, they were just our neighbors. My family lived in peace for over 20 years, during which time my family had several children. Including me." Rebekah says.

"You make everything sound so normal." I add."It was. Once a month, my family retreated to the caves below the village. The wolves howled all night. In the morning we returned home. On a night with a full moon, Klaus and Henrik, our younger brother, they sneaked out to see the wolves. It was forbidden to do that, Henrik paid the price. And that was the beginning of the end of peace with our neighbors. And one of the last moments I had with my family as people."

"Was vampirism a form of protection?""What else can it be?" I answer in Rebekah's place. "Dad didn't want to run. He wanted to fight and be superior to the wolves. Where they could bite, we had to bite harder. They had the speed, we had to be faster. Agility, strength, senses ." Rebekah tells us. "How were you transformed?" Elena asks.

"He summoned the sun for life and the ancient white oak for immortality. That night, my father offered us wine mixed with blood. And then he stabbed us directly in the heart with his sword." Rebekah says.

"It seems we all have a sordid past." I say. "The sun became our enemy. It kept us inside for weeks. And although my mother found a solution, the neighbors kept us outside now. But our parents did not anticipate the darkest consequence. Hunger. We could not we control hunger. And that's how the species of predators was born. Isn't that right, Olivia?" Rebekah asks me.