Lies

A/N - 

Song recommendation:

No Time To Die - Billie Eilish

-

"When do you think he'll wake up?"

"Uhh, the doctor said he should be fine within a few hours."

"But it's almost been a full day already."

"Hange, relax. He has a pulse, so he'll be okay. He just needs rest."

"Ahh, maybe it's better he stays asleep. I don't know if I'm ready to feed him all this information..."

Noisy. So damn noisy.

Levi scrunched one eye open first, then the other. His eyes took a while to adjust to the brightness of the room, not fully comprehending where he was, but then he lowered his head to identify the two people disrupting his sleep.

"What are you two doing here?" he asked hoarsely, sitting up- holy fuck why was he so damn sore?

Hange and Moblit stared at him with their eyes blown wide.

"You're alive!" Hange exclaimed excitedly. Levi flinched at their loud excitement, placing a hand on his forehead to soothe his pounding head.

"How are you feeling?" Moblit asked.

"Like shit," Levi replied truthfully. He peered down at his body, furrowing his eyebrows at the bandages wrapped around his limbs. "What happened?"

Hange and Moblit exchanged nervous glances.

"Do you remember anything?" Hange asked. "Anything at all?"

Levi averted their gaze for a moment, pondering to himself. What did he remember?

"I- I don't know. Wasn't I getting the key back with-"

His eyes widened immediately, body growing tense. He remembered now - he remembered chasing after you, he remembered getting captured, he remembered someone holding you back-

"Where's Eden? Is she okay?"

They exchanged another nervous glance, Hange avoiding his eyes and rubbing their neck sheepishly. Levi knitted his eyebrows at their reaction.

"What?" he asked, annoyed that neither of them would give him a reasonable response.

Did something horrible happen to you? The thought of it made him nauseous.

Hange nudged Moblit in the rib. "Do you wanna answer that?"

Moblit sighed, shifting his gaze to face Levi. "Are you sure you don't remember anything?"

"Where's Eden?"

Moblit chewed the inside of his cheek, looking to Hange again.

"Are either of you gonna give me a decent fucking response or do I need to find out myself?"

"Levi, she's-" Hange exhaled, walking over to the side of Levi's bed. "She's not the person we thought she was."

"What do you-"

"I'm sorry," you said, tears streaming down your face. "I'm so sorry."

It felt like someone punched Levi in his gut.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what I did. I didn't want any of this to happen. Fuck, I'm sorry."

His lips parted, his eyes staring down at his lap solemnly at the revelation he just had.