Chapter 24: Deal is Done; Kana is in

"Okay, Ichikawa-kun, I want to start this joint venture as soon as possible so I will be over at your house tomorrow. Finalize the draft of the stories you want to present tonight and when I come over treat me as an investor. Try to sell me on the project. I have already done market research on the internet and through some people I know so don't worry about a thing. I will select your most profitable one first. This way we can put a good foot forward and grab as much of an audience as possible. After they become repeat customers then we could go into your more niche ideas. Also the split can be 70% you and 30% me as long as I get the rights to use your intellectual property. Deal."

       Mariko had her phone recording the entire conversation with Akiro's consent. She wanted audio proof of the deal so she could hold it over his head when they finally sign the legal documents in the future. Now all she needs is Akiro to agree to the terms she had just laid out and she would have her recording. She knew Akiro was debating on the conditions so Mariko had nothing to do except wait and try to look cute.

      With a slight blush Akiro said, "Deal." Loud and clear for the phone's microphone to pick up his answer.

       "Okay then we will see each other tomorrow." Mariko said with a smile as she grabbed her phone.

      "Can't wait." Ariko said in reply as they both packed up their bags to leave.

      Stepping out of the classroom Mariko began to feel lethargic again. The Adderall was wearing off. She really had taken too much throughout the years to help her finish her projects on time. She was debating with herself whether or not to just go to sleep when she got back home. However, she could never sleep peacefully. Reliving many variations of your death every night is not conducive to a healthy mental state. Plus, the side effects of the Adderall just increase the gruesomeness of the nightmares.

       "I am still not addicted." Mariko thought to herself half heartedly. Each and every day she believed it a little less but it was comforting enough.

       As she got back home she heard talking coming from Miyako's office. It seems that they had guests. By passing the office Mariko made her way to her room and locked the door. She sat down on her chair next to her desk and stared out the window. While thinking about her next steps.

       "Okay, there is a guest in the house, and they are in my mothers office. This might entail something professional, and since I will inherit the company probably I would not want to make a bad impression. So I can go out tired and irritable because of the crash or I can take another. Well, I will have to change anyway."

       Mariko got out of her chair and walked to her closet to pick out some more proper clothes before she went down stairs and introduced herself to their guest. The last thing that could be heard before Mariko stepped out of her room was the shaking of a pill bottle.

      When Mariko stepped into the office Aqua had already left. The only people in the room now were Ruby, Miyako, and Kana. Mariko did a small respectful node to Kana.

      "Nice to meet you in person, Arima-san." Mariko said with a smile. Mariko continued, "What brought you here to Ichigo Productions?"

      "She is going to be an idol with me!" Ruby exclaimed excitedly.

      Mariko nodded at Ruby before turning back to Kana. Her smile did not leave her face before saying, "I asked Arima-san, but thanks Ruby. Well, Welcome to the team Arima-san."

      "As Ruby said, I am joining Ichigo Production as a talent. If you don't mind me asking who might you be?"

      "She is my sister." "I am Mariko Saitou." Ruby and Mariko said simultaneously. Mariko continued to say, "You can call me Mariko since my mother is also Saitou."

      "Oh, Nice to meet you. Are you–" Before Kana could finish her question Ruby interrupted.

      "No, she is not signed as a talent. Something to do with blood pressure or something."

      Yes, My medical history has relegated me to a behind the scenes role. I would do some bookkeeping if I have time." Mariko said, trying to exaggerate her role in the company.

      "Oh that's cool. So, does Aqua have his next job lined up yet?" Kana asked no one in particular.

      Ruby answered, "MM... Yeah, technically."

       "Sure he does. I bet some lonely people will find his next job entertaining." Mariko said with a light chuckle.

      "What is that reaction supposed to mean?" Kana asked again.

      Ruby flipped the laptop to face Kana and said, "It's this."

      Kana leaned in close to look at the screen. "Huh!? Aqua's in a Dating Show!"

      Mariko laughed at her reaction and then did jazz hands as she said, "Drama. Anyways we need to find one more member for stage symmetry so in the meantime just relax, or look for another member. I cannot really tell you what to do but judging by Aqua's character I bet he will fish another person in to help Ruby with her dreams."

      "Huh, How did you know Aqua was the one to convince me? Kana asked, puzzled.

      "Because Aqua is a very intelligent person that can get things done. Plus, I have seen the way he operates, and he could be very persuasive. The only logical conclusion is that Aqua presented you with a choice that only left you the option of joining, or he used his charm and begged you to join. Either way, welcome aboard. Anyways I still have a lot of... school work to get to so I will leave you two to it I guess." With that Mariko waved at everyone in the room, and walked out.

1000 Word Story

Thank you for reading

Updates on story progress on X

https://twitter.com/First_Last_CLCR

Link Tree

https://linktr.ee/first_last_cr

This is kind of bare bones but I will add more things in the future

No Pressure

https://www.patreon.com/First_Last_CR