Hugs and curses

Author's note:

Trigger warnings-

reference to sexual assault!
Underage prostitution! (depending on where you're from)
Suicide ideation!
Flashbacks to water torture!
Hallucinations!

Okay. I did it. And I promised I would stop changing the whole chapter last minute and giving my poor beta a heart attack. Speaking of which, I have to thank them (Anastacius_Arklov) for looking into this over so short-notice. Seriously, thanks for putting up with my antics.

I wanted to write more but that would be too much for this chapter, but we are getting to my favorite part soon! I can't wait for the end of my next chapter. It's gonna be *so* awkward. Anyway, enjoy and tell me what you think because its fun to hear what people think of it!

-------------------------------------------------

Country music drifted through the diner, the floor tiled in red and black, a few people quietly sipping coffee in booths.

Artemis leaned forward, "Do you ever feel... cursed?"

Benny frowned, "Well, I was murdered, then turned into a vampire, and then murdered again... So, I guess so. Never really thought about it before."

"Hmmm."

"What's this about?"

Artemis sighed, "I had a dream."

"Yeah?"

"An angel told me to spy on someone."

"Okay?" Benny said, confused.

Artemis continued, "Also, apparently for some reason, I'll resume my slow descent into... well, being a demon if I don't get treatment."

"Okay..."

Artemis pulled a vial of swirling blue liquid gas out of his pocket, "I don't think it was just a dream."

Benny dropped his head down to the table, forehead resting on the laminate, "God Damn it."

Artemis winced,"Yeah. His name's Castiel."

Benny spoke directly into the table, "And he's only going to give you that stuff if you help him."

"Well, he hasn't asked me to do anything directly, yet. We have time." Artemis said.

It was then when the waiter nervously approached, "Uh, a latte and a flat white." eyeing Benny's head which took up most of the table

Benny lurched upwards, "That's us."

The waiter set the tray down and walked away. Benny started spooning sugar into his coffee, "That settles it. We are cursed."

Artemis grimaced.

"And do you know why? It's the cat, cats are bad luck. We fed it, now everything hates us!"

Artemis snorted, "Oh for god's sake. Not this again."

Benny snorted and took a sip of coffee, "You- uh, Your neck, the bruises. Were they from...?"

Artemis stopped, "Yeah, it was just some guy. He got a bit carried away."

Some emotion crossed Benny's face, "You mean he assaulted you?"

"You could put it that way, I suppose." Artemis said, cautiously. This was serious, and Alastair had never liked it when he disagreed on an important subject. A part of him recognised what he was doing, tip-toeing around authority figures. The other part felt comfortable sinking into these kind of behaviours.