Chapter 27

Shortly after the "talk" between the Midoriyas and Shoto, the third and final round for the festival began.

Match 1: Izuku Midoriya vs Hitoshi Shinso

Pre-match Ojiro had informed Izuku of Shinso's quirk, which let him brainwash someone into following his orders if they were to reply to him.

Keeping this in mind, Izuku entered the ring, ready to battle.

As soon as the battle began, Shinso began to try to have Izuku reply to him. He tried everything he could think of to have the boy reply to him, but no results.

So, he decided to play any card that he could find.

Shinso: Your brother is a monster, isn't he?

Izuku glares at Shinso.

Shinso: He was able to fight off the Nomu guy, wasn't he?

Izuku: How does he know that? That information wasn't disclosed to the students, right?

Shinso, seeing that this got Midoriya thinking, realises that this was working.

Rumours had spread across the UA, that a boy was strong enough to hold off against the boss villain by himself.

Seeing everyone in class A, Y/N, Shoto and Bakugo seemed like the potential people to be that kid.

Then there was the way each of them replied to Shinso's declaration.

Bakugo and Shoto simply ignored him, with Bakugo throwing his casual insults at him, but Y/N...

No.

That guy was pissed at Shinso's words.

This only meant that Y/N was the boy who fought off the Nomu.

Shinso: I got a glimpse of what's inside his head when I tried to use my quirk on him. Heh, he's nothing like what you think he is. He's a monster and he doesn't deserve to be here among the students aiming to be heroes!

Izuku: *a bit angry* Don't you dare speak of him like tha-

He stops moving.

Shinso: *smirking* I win. Now turn around and walk out of the ring.

Izuku turns around and starts to walk towards the edge of the battle arena, surprising everyone.

Y/N was watching this while tapping his foot rapidly.

Y/N: Come on, Izu. You can't seriously be eliminated like that.

Izuku keeps walking, when he suddenly sees hazy "ghosts" of some people standing in the arena entrance, watching him.

He suddenly raises his hand up, as Y/N was now gripping the railings, watching the match while gritting his teeth.

Y/N: Come on, damnit...!

Izuku's fingers are flicked at a 100% output of One for All, as the boy stops moving.

With two fingers broken, Izuku turns around, facing Shinso, who was pretty surprised by the fact that Izuku was able to get out of his quirk's control.

Y/N smirks.

Y/N: Attaboy.

Shinso: You're not supposed to be able to fight back! What did you do?!

Izuku covers his mouth, hoping to not repeat his mistake from earlier, as he gets ready to fight.

Shinso: Come on, say something. I didn't know you had so much power in your fingers. I'm kind of jealous, you know?