ʚїɞ │Bonus Chapter (1)

Song: Fantasmas

By: Humbe

Dedicated to: Mis Padres <3

I wipe my palms on my jeans as I begin to feel my throat close up

"How are you feeling right now, Mauricio?" Lorenzo, my dad's therapist, asks me and I lay back on the couch hoping to calm down.

I shrugged and began to bounce my leg up and down.

I hadn't seen Papa in almost five months since he checked into rehab. He'd got out two months ago but wanted to get himself through a month in the world before returning to our lives.

I got a call last month from Lorenzo who explained how Papa wanted to have a therapy session with me. At first, I said no and didn't want anything to do with Papa's past. I didn't want to get into it, especially after what Papa told me.

I'd come to terms with knowing my grandpa was an abusive asshole and was a different person than who I thought he was. Papa was finally also getting help and my mom was happier. My siblings, no longer we're in need to worry about if Papa will come home and cause a fight with Mama.

It was good, peaceful.

It felt as if I did join him in the therapy sessions, I was backtracking.

Malia was the one who convinced me to attend at least one. She knew regardless of my moving on, Papa still needed time to heal and I should be there for him. She also mentioned how therapy might also help better my relationship with him.

Needless, to say she was right.

My girl is always right.

It wasn't easy at first as we unpacked a lot...and I mean a lot.

There were a lot of angry outbursts, crying, and disagreements.