{10}Layla

The town’s hospital thought that hosting a Halloween party would cheer all their patients. So, a message was sent out to all the people of our town with a Zoom link to join the Halloween party hosted by the hospital at midnight. This meet was going to be telecasted in the hospital. 

The rules and regulations were that: 

1. There should only be a maximum of 4 people in the room. 

2. Only one person from each room should be on the meet. 

3. Each room should have a common theme and the Zoom ID should be named as so. 

4. At the end of the meet a Google link would be sent to vote for best costumes. 

5. The team that wins the best costume will get coupons for a medical kit. 

6. Please behave yourself 

7. No drinking on camera 

8. Keep your microphones turned off unless asked for. 

   At midnight I found myself with two drag queens and Elton John. There were 100 people on the call. We were called the Gaylords. I tried my best to not look at the screen, but I did have a glimpse and saw my boyfriend on the screen of Murphy’s laptop. Michael and I kept on our masks since we didn’t want to be spotted knowing Catherine was also on the meet. 

 “Okay so we are going to play some songs based on requests of our patients here,” the host said. I recognized him as the chief doctor of our hospital. 

   Angela by Abba started to play and immediately Murphy and Elton were on their feet. They started swaying side to side, their arms dropped around each other, their gowns swaying with them and heels clicking on the floor. I cheered and whistled clapping my hands. Elton had on a bright pink fluffy gown with pink pumps and a blonde wig. Likewise, Murphy had on a brown wig and blue dress. 

   “Sometimes I think about the good time,” they sang looking at each other. Murphy then grabbed my hand and twirled me around. “Dance with me Layla,” he said and shook his hips. I mimicked his actions laughing heartily. Beside me, Michael and Elton were doing the break dance. This only made me laugh more. 

   The next song to play was Put your head on my shoulders. The minute it started playing, Murphy cheered, “Oh darling that is our song!!!” He took Elton by the waist, and they held out their hands as they started to slow dance. “This is adorable,” I whispered leaning close to Michael. Right then Murphy nudged Michael by the hips which caused him to lose his balance and fall on me. I caught his shoulder, and Elton yelled, “Yes. Yes. Now dance.” I looked at Michael and my cheeks heated up realizing he was still leaning close to me with his hand on my waist which he caught for grip. He realised it too and quickly straightened his posture before taking a step back to look at me. 

   “C'mon dance you two! Or we will lose!” 

   I nodded and he stepped closer again. He placed a hand around me but didn’t quite hold my waist. Like a gentleman, he only rested his thumb on my waist. I held his hand, and we started swaying. “Put your head on my shoulders, hold me in your arms baby. Kiss me once maybe,” I heard the singer sing and my heart flipped again as I kept my eyes on Michael. 

   “I suck at dancing,” he chuckled. 

   “Me too.” 

   “Guess that makes us made for each other,” I swear my heart stopped beating hearing those words. 

   We ended up getting drunk and crashing at Murphy’s place that night. In the morning, around 8 o’clock I woke up and went to the room where the boys were sleeping. Murphy and Elton were sleeping shirtless. Murphy was wearing his padded bra, and underwear stockings alone. Upon seeing him, I exclaimed “Oh my gosh,” and ran out.