Tea and rabbits

Chapter 8:

Morning came, Kim Na-Ri was already awake. Eun Won snuggled closer into warmness as she heard a slight movement in her room.

"Mistress, it's time to wake up" said Kim Na-Ri. Putting her hand on Eun Won's arm to wake her. Eun Won sat up in bed and stretched her body. "Morning, Na-Ri, have you slept well?" asked Eun Won. "Yes, mistress, I haven't slept so well in a long time" replied Kim Na-Ri. "That's good." said Eun Won.

Walking to her bathroom, she was greeted by a warm bath with rosemary sent lingering in the air. Kim Na-Ri helped her wash her black hair and scrub her body. She got dressed in a light purple dress and mask with the help of Na-Ri. Eun Won took a seat by the mirror cabinet where Na-Ri braided her hair.

Suddenly, the door opened. In came a servant from the kitchen with dishes prepared by orders of the emperor. Cooked chicken, rice, and potatoes were placed on the table by the door. Eun Won took a seat at the table and removed her mask . She noticed that Kim Na-Ri was standing next to her. "Come sit down and eat with me" said Eun Won. "Yes, mistress, thank you." replied Na-Ri. They ate in silence. When they were done, the servant came to take the bowls. "Please prepare some tea and take it outside to the peach blossom tree" asked Eun Won and putting her mask back on.

Eun Won and Kim Na-Ri walked out of the door and took a seat under the shade of the peach blossom tree. Light breezes flew, and birds picked on the ground for seeds. Eun Won was deep in thoughts when footsteps came near her. Green tea was placed on a small table in front of her. She took hold of the tea cup. "Kim Na-Ri, take some tea for yourself" said Eun Won. Sipping their tea and looking at the scenery.

A white, fluffy-shaped figure caught her attention. Eun Won got up and walked closer to the figure. She saw that it was a rabbit eating some grass. She reached out her arms to catch the rabbit. It ran away from her. She started running after it. "Come here, little rabbit" she said after the rabbit. "Let me hold you, little one." Just as she was about to catch the rabbit, she ran head first into a figure like a wall. "Ouch!" she cried out, rubbing her forehead with her hands.

She looked up straight into the eyes of the emperor. His eyes had a cold glaze in them. She stepped back, falling over her feet. An arm wrapped around her small waist, pulling her closer to his firm figure, holding her steadily. Her eyes grew wide. "What is he doing here?" she thought. "I came here to tell you that my mother has arranged a bouquet, which you must attend." He answered her thoughts. "I'm also here to talk about yesterday's events" he said. "What about it" she replied. "You are the emperor's woman?" How can you go to a pleasure house dressed in man's clothes?"Are you out of your mind?"What will people do if they find out?"Are you trying to get my attention because if you are, you got it." He bombarded her with questions.

Eun Won blood boiled in anger. "How could he ask her this?" she thought. She was in disbelieve. " I wasn't seeking your attention." I dressed in man's clothes so that people wouldn't recognize me as one of the emperor's people. " I went to the pleasure house because I wanted to see what was so special about it."

"Why am I even explaining to you?" "It's not like you care about what I do in my time and how I spend my time."

"Why am I even explaining to you?" "It's not like you care about what I do in my time and how I spend my time." she said.

" I do care." "Why wouldn't I care?" You are one of the emperor's people," he replied.

"If you are done, you can't take your leave." said Eun Won. Yu-Jun turned around and walked back to his chambers.

____________________________________________

Emperor Yu-Jun's point of view...

I was taking a walk around the palace when sudden noises caught my attention. I saw the look-alike Eun Won running around in her yard. That is when I saw it. She was chasing after a fluffy white rabbit trying to catch it. A smile appeared on my face. It reminded me of when I was younger when I first met her. She told me that she loved animals and her favorite was rabbits. I had just watched her at a distance when I remembered what she did yesterday. It made me so angry, and I walked forward. I felt a small figure running into me. We had a big argument. I turned around and walked back to my chambers.

I took a seat at the desk table and took a sip of tea, and read some scrolls about court business. When I was done, I took a bath and got dressed in warm clothes. Climbing into bed, I fell asleep instantly.

Yu-Jun's point of view stops...

____________________________________________

Eun Won went back to her room. She saw that food was prepared on the table. Kim Na-Ri ate with her. When she was done, she took a warm bath. She got dressed in warm clothes with the help of Kim Na-Ri. She went to bed. Her thoughts went back to today's argument. She wondered why Yu-Jun would be worried about her. Why would he get angry about it? Yes, she admitted she wanted his attention so that he would realize that she was the Eun Won that he was looking for. She wondered what would happen tomorrow. What will happen in the future? Will she meet him again? Did he notice the difference between her and Kang Mi-Ri? What will she wear tomorrow to the bouquet?

These thoughts float around in her mind. Her eyes started to flutter close. She started to fall asleep without noticing it. Dreaming about her childhood.