Chapter 19

Noah drove me home when it began getting a lot colder, even though we both wanted to stay in each others company for longer. He pulled up out of sight from my house and turned to me. 

"Thank you for such a good night" Noah smiled. I removed my seatbelt and leant over to kiss him again. He tasted sweet, the taste of the strawberries we'd had lingering on his tounge. Noah cupped my face in his hand, slowly bringing his hand down to rest at the side of my neck. I wanted nothing more than to bring him inside with me and I cursed myself for being the one to suggest hiding this from everyone. 

"Thank you, Noah" I smiled. "See you soon" I said as I opened the door, looking over my shoulder. Not missing the way his eyes scanned my body one more time as I'd stood next to his car.

"Goodnight Lili, see you soon"

I walked into the house and it was silent. I was grateful and quickly made my way to my room, unable to fight the huge smile on my face. I got ready for bed and then made my way downstairs to get a glass of water. As I was exiting the kitchen, Emma appeared making me jump.

"Holy shit" I said, water spilling over my hand.

"Sorry! Nice night?" she asked whilst laughing.

"Yeah it was lovely thanks" I said trying to play it cool. "What have you been up to?" 

"Well, I may have been planning a party" Emma smirked.

"Right? What for?" 

"Well I was hoping you'd be open to having it here..." she said, hesitantly.

"No thank you!" 

"Hear me out first, it's for the boys" Emma said. My shoulders relaxed a little hearing it was for them. My mind immediately going to Noah. "They'll be away at festivals for the next couple of weeks, and they always host, so I thought it would be nice for us to host a get together before they go for a change" 

"I guess you are right. As long as it's not anything too big" I sighed. Emma raised her eyebrow.

"Really? That was a lot easier than I thought it would be" She said, shocked. 

"I guess you caught me in a good mood" I laughed. "But- like I said nothing huge!" I added, sternly. 

"I'll made sure it's just the band, crew and friends we know. Don't worry".

The day of the party came around and I'd got ready early, wanting to be prepared for everyone's arrival. I was wearing a tight black mid length dress and my hair fell in loose waves. The boys turned up first, we all congregated in the kitchen, greeting one another. Noah stood behind the others, and he winked at me as soon as he locked eyes with me. My cheeks flushed. I quickly turned my back to them, hiding my face and grabbing some glasses for their drinks. I could feel a presence behind me, and I knew it was him. 

"Hi, need a hand with anything?" he asked.

"Hi, you can take these over for them" I said, passing him some glasses. He looked over his shoulder to make sure no one was listening before bending down to whisper in my ear.

"You look stunning". He walked off before I could respond. His words did not help the redness of my cheeks die down.

Soon, the noise started to increase as more people turned up. Noah was stood talking with Jesse and Folio, his eyes kept catching mine from across the room as I laughed with Nick and Emma. I wanted nothing more than to go over and speak to him, but it felt rude to interrupt their conversation. 

Noah's eyes locked on mine again, a small smile forming on his lips. I put my drink down and excused myself. I hurried off to my room, hoping Noah would get the hint as he watched me and that he would follow so I could speak with him alone.