eighty three - the dealing ordeal

allergies kicking my ass. please correct any typos

-ky

____________________

"Gwen."

This morning, the message was clear.

Gwen was waiting for the moment, as much as she hated to think about it. Another boxed threat had appeared at their doorstep, waiting, taunting, and laughing at her.

Since everything about The Signs of Grosbeaks had grown tremendously in information, it looked like they were dulling down their moves for the time being. Now, The Nine were aware about their operations beneath Uccello. The fact that the group was formed to pass along a message, even if they were not succeeding as they must've hoped.

Only, this morning had been a stop to that.

As if they could sense the tension between Harry and Gwen.

As if they knew that truths were coming to light, and all they could do in their appearances was aid Gwen in knowing that they were well aware.

Because inside the box this time was only a simple word-- or name, rather.

Gwen.

No photograph, no dead birds or other creatures, no little pocketknives or bloody weapons. Just her name. She'd thought about it nearly all day, trying to sift through the reasons they would send such a simple thing.

And she was positive that this was the first time a box had been sent without any mention of Harry or Gemma. None at all, just her.

But it was Saturday. The time in between now and the discovery of Harry possibly murdering her brother had gone by so quickly, mostly because she'd spent it keeping her mind busy outside of this morning's threat.

She supposed that it was Niall that arrived to Cherry's and helped clean up the mess she'd made of Damian's office. She wasn't sure, but the look he'd given her when she entered the bar once again was filled with so many different words.

An apology might've been in them.

Whether or not he knew didn't matter. Whether or not Crab knew also didn't matter.

Because it was Harry she had put her trust in-- despite her better judgement since the beginning not to-- and it was he that lied. Or rather, kept it from her. Kept it from her and had no intention of telling her the truth, she assumed.

Gwen shot and killed a man for him. It was something that had been keeping her up at night, eating away at her once healthy conscious even though she never told him.

She killed a man to save him, and despite knowing that Harry would do the same for her at this point, it meant differently now. Because he could have been the one to put a bullet through her brother's skull.

"Gwen."

But in between the time that she'd spent avoiding him, ignoring his presence in the apartment, and pretending he didn't exist, she was here.

On the floor in Damian's office.

She was unsure of whether or not Harry woke up this morning and saw the box she'd left on the counter. Truthfully, she wasn't even sure she cared all that much. This time, it pertained to him none, just as he told her when those pictures of he and his sister kept coming the first night she kissed him.