you're losing me

taylor swifts's pov

   "i have some bad news.."  the nurse sat down on the stool next to my bed. i looked at travis as i bit my nails. even he was crying. he got up and sat on the bed next to me and took my hand.
    "so she is alive." i felt like a weight was lifted off my chest. "but, her being premature and she has a heart problem that we didn't catch in any of the ultrasounds gives her a low chance of survival." the weight was right back on my chest. i looked to travis and he was just in shock. i clung onto him and we both just cried.

    "i did something wrong. this has to be my fault." i yelled. "this was completely out of your control taylor." travis reassured me. i didn't believe him though. i worked myself too hard and now my baby is going to die.
    "taylor, we need you to stay here but travis you are welcome to come see her in the NICU. also, do you have a name picked out?" she asked and slid the birth certificate over to me. but travis and i actually did decide on a name. gracelyn paige. i wrote it down and signed it. i gave travis a kiss before he followed the nurse out of the room.

travis kelce's pov

the nurse took me to the NICU to see our little girl. taylor and i decided on gracelyn paige. it's the perfect mix of basic and unique and we both love it.
i walked into the room and was surrounded by little glass boxes with little babies. the nurse escorted me over to gracelyn and my heart melted. she was so tiny and was hooked up to a million wires. she then left me to stay with her for a bit.
i kneeled down next to the glass box. "hey gracie. it's daddy." her little body flinched at the sound of my voice. her eyes were not yet open but she had a full head of bright blonde hair just like taylor's. i could also see some tiny curls forming, taylor is going to be so happy. i talked to gracie for a little longer and snapped some photos.
when i got back to the room taylor was asleep. i grabbed some food for her and i from the cafeteria, though i don't know if she will want to eat. while she was asleep, her mom kept calling and i decided to answer.
   "hello taylor? what's going on sweetie?" she sounded panicked. "hey andrea, it's travis, taylor is asleep."
"how's taylor? how's the baby?" her tone changed, but she was definitely still worried. "taylor is okay, she's upset about the whole situation and won't talk much. and baby girl is in the NICU, she was born with some heart condition and she's extremely premature. they said she has a low survival rate but i know my little girl is going to fight" i teared up a bit talking about it. andrea and i talked for a little longer, than i hung up and sent the photos of gracelyn.
i also sent them to jason, kylie, and my parents. everyone is so worried but i know my little girl is strong enough to live.
"trav?" taylor said, still half asleep. "hey gorgeous. are you okay?" i sat down on the bed next to her. she took my hand and placed a soft kiss. "want to see pictures of gracelyn?" she smiled and looked up to my phone.
"she's so little, she's perfect. i just want to hold my baby girl." she held herself back from crying and just snuggled up next to me. "tomorrow if you are feeling up to it, we can go see her together." i kissed her forehead and went back to my place on the couch and fell asleep.

3rd person pov

in the middle of the night, gracelyn's heart started beating rapidly. the nurse on duty in the NICU called for help and she had to go into surgery. taylor and travis were asleep and the doctors forgot to go tell them. in the morning travis woke up to go visit gracelyn and her little glass box was empty. the nurse told him that she had gone into surgery last night and was now recovering in another room. travis yelled and immediately ran to get taylor.

taylor swift's pov

"are you fucking kidding me? how do you forget to tell us?" i was awoken by travis yelling. i have a terrible headache so i was about to tell him to shut up until he bursted into the room. "taylor, gracelyn went into fucking surgery last night and nobody told us." my face turned white. my baby girl. how do you not tell the parents? this damn hospital will be hearing from my lawyer.
i immediately bolted out of bed. i probably shouldn't have because im not supposed to be walking until tomorrow. i felt one of my stitches rip but i didn't care. i ran down the hallway until i found a nurse. "where the fuck is my baby!" i yelled at an innocent nurse. i don't think she knew was i was talking about. i looked like a crazy person frantically running down the hallway but i don't even care. travis eventually caught up to me and told me to calm down. i yelled at him but i know he's just trying to help. "baby, go back to the room, i will find where she is i promise." i embarrassingly waddled back to my room and just sobbed on the bed. from the pain of my stitches and the pain in my chest of not knowing if my baby is going to be okay.
   i called my mom and sobbed as i tried to tell her what was going on. travis soon came back and looked so relieved. "she's okay baby. last night her heart started malfunctioning and they had to bring her into emergency surgery. she's recovering in another room and nobody is allowed in." he rubbed my back and kissed my forehead.
   "i just want to hold her."
  soon, the nurse came in and explained everything in some fancy medical terms. they said she will go back to the NICU tomorrow if her heart stays at a regular speed tonight. im also supposed to be walking tomorrow so i can finally go see my little girl. the pictures melted my heart she's so perfect. she has the same hair i had when i was little and travis's face.

the next day

   "the torn stitch should heal quickly, i would just like you to take it easy. but you are okay to walk short distances." the nurse said after checking my stitches and applying some ointment. i smiled and then she gave us details on gracelyn's recovery. last night her beard stayed at its regular speed and she's back in the NICU.
   travis helped me out of bed and i put my slippers on. he helped me walk down the long hall until we made it to the NICU. a nurse grabbed me a chair to put next to her tiny glass box. "she's perfect trav." i leaned it to look at her little face. her body flinched. "hey peanut, you are the cutest thing i've ever seen." travis and i stayed with her for a little longer until i desperately needed a nap.
    tomorrow mine and travis's family is coming. i look like shit so i got in the shower. before i got in i looked at my bump in the mirror. i'm still not my original body, but the bump is slowly going away. i'm going to miss it so much, it's so hard to believe there's no longer a baby in there.

author's note:

this chapter is a bit short but i didn't want to leave you guys hanging for so long since the last one. don't worry i'll stop making taylor cry so much, the next chapter is happy!!

do you guys like the baby's name?? i really love it