182

Still, regardless of the viscount’s reaction, the emperor immediately got to the point.

“I highly appreciate your ingenious ideas and want everyone to benefit from them.”

“Ingenious ideas… Oh! The sunglasses?”

Almost like casual speech, she questioned. Evidently, the emperor was engaged in casual conversation with her, but Viscount Ruzest just sighed deeply. He closed and opened his fist constantly as if he was endlessly restless, and quite honestly, his struggles looked somewhat pitiable.

Indeed. Even if the emperor would get stabbed in the eye and he wouldn’t feel a thing, it’s another matter if one were to utter such insolent remarks in front of the country’s ruling monarch.

Yet, contrary to the viscount’s concerns, the emperor didn’t take issue with his daughter’s behavior. No, he even responded positively.

“Yes, that. You have significantly contributed to the technological advancements of the Empire.”

“Contribute?”

Standing in the middle of the red carpet, the woman seemed utterly clueless about what was being said. After a while, she raised her eyebrows and glanced at her father.

Of course, receiving her gaze, Viscount Ruzest was already on the verge of foaming at the mouth…

At that moment, Grand Duke Benedict stepped forward.

“Thanks to the sunglasses you created, workers handling fire can work much more safely. Plus, it protects people’s eyesight.”

Thanks to her, work efficiency has increased dramatically, as explained by the grand duke. Only then did the saintess understand the situation and nod slightly.

“Ah… That could be it. Well, then, you should have explained it sooner, Your Majesty. You really know how to make people nervous.”

Though it wasn’t exactly a whisper meant for her to hear… the atmosphere within the audience chamber was so grim. Thanks to that, Reina’s voice echoed through the hall.

“……”

“……”

“……”

A chilly silence hung in the air. Eventually, like a piece of gum stuck to the floor, Viscount Ruzest bowed deeply and cautiously stood by his brazen daughter.

“Your Majestyyy… As she hasn’t completed her formal academy education yet, my child still has many shortcomings… So please, treat her with the same discretion as a young calf without a leash…!”

Before his words could finish, the man standing on the right by the front—Lord Carter—sneered sarcastically.

“Deputy Director Ethan himself had not completed his formal academy education. Once he hears of this, how do you think he’d react? And people might mistakenly think that completing one’s education at the academy is the absolute prerequisite for proper etiquette.”

“……”

Even though he wanted to refute immediately, there wasn’t a single thing he said incorrectly.

So, the viscount just bowed deeply, diligently expressing his apology.

“As the great dual suns of our mighty empire, please consider the shortcomings of a wretched father.”

Originally, the dragonkin didn’t really adhere to formalities either, but this was a rule applicable only to those with equal power to them. In other words, they were casual about talking down those on lower standings, but the reverse was not allowed. That was the rule.

But what on earth was happening now?

The two members of the imperial family did not even start to criticize the naïve saintess.

“Enough. She learned enough from practical experience, so it’s understandable. I mean, it’s just etiquette. She can learn it slowly.”

The grand duke waved his hand and put to rest the palpable tension in the audience chamber. Though the situation was a bit strange, Viscount Ruzest felt relieved and elbowed his daughter.

“Hurry up and express your gratitude,” he whispered.

However! Who was his daughter? She was none other than the (in)famous ‘Reina Chantra’!

“Me?”

“…Yes, you. Hurry up and express your gratitude.”

“Why? I don’t have anything to be grateful for yet.”

As her father whispered quietly and urgently, Reina just tilted her head to the side and looked confused. In response, the viscount clenched his molars tightly and muttered.

“…C’mon, cn’t you jst sht yer m-th n do as yer tld. (…Come on, can’t you just shut your mouth and do as you’re told?)”

“Um… Okay.”

Although still not fully comprehending, she obediently lowered her head as her father instructed.

“Thanks, Your Majesty and Your Excellency.”

“Nt jst ‘thnks’, sy you ‘hmbly acc-pt’. (Not just ‘thanks’, say you ‘humbly accept’).”

Correcting her expression of gratitude, he continued, and Reyna finally let out a clear sigh.

“All right, I get it. I humbly accept. Are we good?”

Then, a murmur spread among the nobles like spilled paint.

“As expected… It wasn’t for nothing that she’s rumored to be Chantra’s troublemaker.”

“That’s right. It seemed like both Marquis Chantra and Viscount Ruzest had gained particularly deep wrinkles on their faces…”

“It’s worse than the rumors.”

Emperor Enoch raised his hand, quelling the growing commotion.

“Everyone, settle down. As the Prime Minister mentioned, she will adapt soon enough. Let’s return to the main topic.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

Acknowledging their duties, Viscount Ruzest returned to his seat. Then, the grand duke took over the meeting, picking up where the emperor left off.

“It may not seem like much, but thanks to your sunglasses, work efficiency has greatly improved. So, you will be given a reward.”

Resembling a meerkat now, Reina gathered her mouth into a round shape and perked up her ears. Some of the ministers chuckled at her transformed appearance, while others raised their heads in a manner suggesting disdain.

Regardless, Reina persistently asked,

“A reward? Really?”

“Yes. What do you want?”

“Anything I want, you’ll grant it?”

“Yes. Let’s hear what you want first.”

Before Benedict could finish his sentence, Reina’s cheerful voice echoed through the hall.

“Then, chocolate!”

Simultaneously, Viscount Ruzest collapsed backward, clutching the back of his neck…

“M-Minister!”

“Minister!”

However, as if indifferent to the situation, the unruly daughter continued to shout even louder.

“I want a collaboration with Ferrero Roché, Your Majesty!”

Ah, just to clarify, this entire scenario was a prearranged script.

So, in other words, it was a script for a performance known only to the four reformist officials.