Avoidance - Part 4

A/N - This is the last part to my little short story. Thanks for coming along with me for the ride!

You got to Bucky's condo the following day and the doorman immediately welcomed you to the complex. Bucky stood in the lobby of the building in a pair of grey sweats and Blades t-shirt looking freshly showered and delicious. 

Wait, what? 

You shook your head from those thoughts as Sophie ran into his arms and hugged him. 

"Hi Dad!" she eagerly shouted making Barry the doorman chuckle. 

"Sophie, indoor voices please" you scolded. 

"Sorry mom." 

She put her head down. Bucky gave you a look and chuckled. 

"Come on Soph." Bucky hit the button on the elevator, and you followed them in.

"How high are we going Dad?" Sophie asked. 

"18th floor." He smiled, and Sophie's eyes bugged out. 

You would think the poor girl had never been in an elevator before. 

"Wow." She was in awe. 

You got out of the elevator and followed them to his door. As he opened it, your mouth fell open. The condo was modern, open concept, grey walls and dark floors. He had a few colourful area rugs thrown down and a large entertainment unit that housed a giant TV and stereo above an electric fireplace with a large leather sectional couch surrounding it. You looked to your right and saw a large spacious kitchen that you would kill to cook in. It looked untouched and you had to hide a giggle because the Bucky you knew didn't know how to operate a microwave let alone a fancy six burner gas stove and grill. 

"Wow." You looked around. 

Bucky blushed a little. You noticed he had a few framed photos of his life spread out on his bookcases. One of him and Steve when they were young. A few with his family, and some new ones added in with him and Sophie. You walked up to one of the shelves and studied the photo. 

"Wow mom, is that you?" Sophie gushed while she looked at one of the photos. 

Bucky had a photo of you and him that you remember clearly. It was taken a few weeks before draft day while you sat on the patio of a restaurant. Bucky had just gotten a call from his agent about the schedule for the draft day and he wanted to mark the occasion with a photo. A waiter took it while you smiled at the memory. Besides the photos from what happened on that fateful draft day, that was the last time you were photographed with him. 

"You were pretty mom." Sophie smiled, and she proceeded to ask Bucky how to turn on the TV so she could watch her shows. 

"She sure was and still is." Bucky came up behind you after working the remote. 

You could feel his warmth while you studied the photo and smiled to yourself.

"Dad!" You both startled. 

Sophie practically flung herself off the couch and wandered up to something on the floor. You looked at Bucky weirdly before you followed your daughter. She was playing with something on the ground. 

"Surprise?" Bucky whispered from behind you. 

You turned and looked again and saw a small kitten. You shot your head back to Bucky with narrowed eyes and he looked at you sheepishly. 

"What? You said Sophie couldn't have any pets. Nothin' about me getting a pet doll." Bucky winked at you. 

Your mouth was open in shock.