Prologue

Warmth. It's odd, the complete contrast you feel when your mind's trying its best to work against you. My entire body is running cold, shivers are racing around inside of me, there's goosebumps moving up and down my arms yet all I can feel is warmth.

I find comfort in it, every tear that rolls down my cheeks and my head focuses on the heat seeping through my face, it's the only thought distracting me from the reality of how my world's crumbling all over again.

"Why're you doing this?" I manage to squeak out.

"I'm sorry but I didn't sign up for this. Petra it's been 6 months, shouldn't you be over it by now?"

It's beautiful the way her features glisten in the sun, like it was made to beam on her. Her short blonde hair unruly in a way that seems intentional, her blue eyes that she'd swear constantly were green in the sun, but looking into them sparkling under its rays with that smile that I call home-

NO! I shake the image from my head, like if I move hard enough then it never existed.

Has he always been this cruel. "Over it? Over it! She was the only family I had left, do you expect me to just forget her?"

"Come on you know what I meant, don't try and paint me as a bad guy." He winces stood hovering over me with his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"Doing a good job of that on your own", I whistle under my breath, nestling my head into my knees as I bring them to meet my chest, tired of his menacing stare that screams, i've never seen anyone more pathetic.

"I'm sorry Petra but we're over, I deserve more than a walking dead girlfriend."

"I jus-"

Raising my head, I go to protest but he's already walked away, shutting the door behind him and with it the last stream of light leaving me in a room of full of complete and utter darkness.