𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 - 𝐈𝐚𝐧

IAN CAROLINGIAN 29 years old

IAN CAROLINGIAN
29 years old

I gulped down the bitter liquid and closed my eyes. Feeling the burning sensation down my throat.

I slammed the glass on the table and ran my fingers through my hair. The loud noises made my head spin as I pushed through the crowd. This was the reason I hated going to social events.

There was too many people.

They all laughed and talked while I felt my head pound from the suffocating atmosphere.

I needed to get away from the main place. I spotted dad and mom by the bar. They were talking to some of their friends. I needed to flew from their sight immediately because mom was for sure going to question me if she sees me in this distressed state.

The music and chatterings slowly started to fade away but another voices reached my ears.

There were couple of men on the terrace.

The Ancelotti brothers and their two minions. Pedro and Cristian. All of them were gathered by the railing, smoking cigarettes.

I couldn't stand any of them. Ignoring their presence, I walked over to the other side of the terrace and took out my phone. Trying to distract myself, I went over to the emails dad sent me earlier for the company.

Dad gave me a choice if I wanted to work with him or do my own thing. He has done so much for me and mom and I wasn't going to let him down.

I wanted to be by his side.

So I started working with him by from age twenty. Uncle Kieran was his second in command and both of them were my mentors. I was learning from both men that I trusted the most.

Now that grandpa Cillian was retired, he wasn't as present as he was when I was younger.

Both him and grandma lived away now, they wanted to spend their time away from all the madness and have a peaceful life on the countryside.

"Ian, we haven't seen you in a while." One of the Ancelotti's spoke and I fought the urge to roll my eyes. I couldn't risk making a problem because their father was a business partner with my dad.

I don't know how these two rats came out to be this stupid when their dad was an amazing businessman who owned more than any other family besides ours.

I just nodded at him, not wanting to make a conversation.

"How's work going? We heard that you are going to take over." His brother spoke next and they all chuckled while talking a sip of the drinks they had in their hands.

"You heard right." Was the only thing I said.

"I mean you are not even his real son. We're surprised that's all." Pedro said and blew the smoke through his mouth, some of it flowing through his nose.