Chapter-8

Chapter-8

-Roxy

"Roxy, what are you doing up here? The party's downstairs," Jess barges in my room dressed in a tight-fitting, black mini-dress with a halter top. She blends in with most of the girls at the party and even guys, I don't know what it is about black, but everyone seems to like wearing it.

I pull out my earbuds and look over at her. "Exactly why I'm up here."

"Come on, have some fun. You are the reason most of those people downstairs are here."

"They're here to have fun and party, not me."

"Oh just come on! Maybe you'll find a boy to turn that frown upside down tonight," she winks and goes into my closet. My hair and make up is already done, just in case I did change my mind, but I'm not dressed for a party. She pulls out a tight red mini-dress, with a cutout neckline and sides. Then grabs some killer heels to go with them. "I'm not leaving here until you agree to come down to the party."

Sighing, I get off my bed and grab the dress. "Fine. Turn around." She turns and I quickly change into the dress. "Zip me up." She zips it up for me and I slide on the heels.

"Come on!" She pulls me after her and I stop at the top of the spiral staircase. She hurries down to the bottom and I stay, leaning on the rails and looking over the crowd. The music is buzzing, and there's people everywhere. There has to be a couple hundred of them. A crowd of dancing bodies take over the floor and a bunch of people are swimming outside. Not many others are wearing red, making me feel almost like the center of attention. I hate that feeling, why does red have to be such a stand out color? "Dakota!" Jess squeals loud enough I can hear her from up here, and jumps on him, hugging him as if she hasn't seen him in forever. She kisses his cheek and he smiles.

Seth stands beside him, looking around the party. His eyes wander up and land on mine, practically freezing me in my place. A smirk takes over his facial features and he nods up at me. Slowly, I go down the staircase as he begins to go up them. I'm most of the way down when we finally reach each other.

"Nice party. And nice view," He eyes me over and leans against the railing casually.

"I see my sister invited you." Ugh, why did she do that?

"Who knows, maybe I'm just crashing the party." He smiles and I know he's talking about the time we crashed his, that's how we first met.

"Then maybe I should have you escorted out."

"You wouldn't do it though. After all, I did let you stay at mine." His smile is so arrogant, its really irking me.

"Fine, stay. Just don't cause trouble." I go down the rest of the steps and he follows me.

"Oh sweetheart, trouble is my middle name."

"Funny, I thought it was 'Asshole.' My mistake." I mimic his arrogant grin before walking off to get a drink. If I'm going to party, it wont be sober.

-----------

The buzz in my head grows more and more with every drink I have. I've only had like 4, and I can hold my alcohol.

The music pulses through my head and I move along to the beat with the crowd. I think Seth is buzzed because he's even got a smile on his face, not a smirk. I like seeing his smile much better.

I start walking up to him when I notice he's dancing with a blonde girl, carelessly as if its nothing. Then the girl turns and kisses him, and for some unknown reason I feel a sharp pang in my chest. My jaw drops and I freeze in my place. For some reason, I feel like crying at the sight.