𝒮𝓊𝓃𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒

Requested by: Dark_Luna_2527 (based on myth of Hades and Persephone)

y hades x f reader

How long had something been watching her? (Y/N) didn't know, but the eyes followed her every move. When she was out in the fields picking flowers, they followed her. When she was swimming in the lake with her friends, they followed. When she tended to her garden, they followed. They especially followed her when she was alone, her stalker intent on getting the girl to himself.

Hades couldn't help himself. He'd never seen anyone so beautiful, so innocent, so perfect for him. (Y/N) was a ray of sunshine and cleared even the darkest parts of the god of death's soul. He ruled over the damned, the dead, in the darkest place possible, the very pits of hell, so the girl he fell in love with was a welcome change.

The dark god hadn't even meant to fall in love, he just did. Hades remembered that faithful day like it was yesterday. (Y/N) was accompanying her mother, Demeter, goddess of agriculture, in Olympus, leaving the grand throne room as he was entering.

When his dark eyes met her light ones, he felt his heart stop. She smiled at him, her warm glow warming his heart and stirring up deep possessiveness that he'd yet to experience. What made the girl all the more enticing was the way she didn't shy away from him.

She had to know he ruled over death and controlled it, yet she still was welcoming to him. She was the light Hades had been lacking his whole life! She was perfect, a little ray of sunshine, made just for him!

The first time he saw (Y/N) was over three years ago, and he'd been trailing her ever since. From trailing her in the shadows to observing from the underworld her using his powers, he was always with the girl who'd captured his attention.

Now all he had to do was get it together and talk to her. However, it wasn't that simple for the god of death. He didn't want to taint her innocence, her natural glow. He was the god of darkness, of death and despair, but she was just so different, so perfect. How could he dare to encroach upon her, to taint her?

Currently sitting upon his throne of skulls and bones, Hades brushed his pale hair from his face. It just fell back over his dark eyes in a wave, the tamed, but straight locks of hair obscuring his vision. He wanted more than anything to be with (Y/N), who always made his day seem just a bit better.

He couldn't though, he was forced to sit here and rule over people who were dead, devoid of any importance in the underworld. Yes, they had an impact on the real world, but they were gone now. Hades was forced into a role he didn't want, and despite the immense power he had, it was overshadowed by the dull and dark life he led.

He wanted nothing more than to just take the girl of his dreams into his arms and cuddle her. He needed her, he sought her to be his, to brighten his dull world. He loved her, and yet he'd only ever seen her from afar.

(Y/N) just simply wasn't there though. He couldn't laugh with her, hold her hand, eat dinner with her, or anything that he wanted to and that was because he was too much of a chicken. He needed to just approach the one and only girl he loved, yet he couldn't.

Frowning, Hades ran a hand over his pale-skinned arms, pushing himself up from his throne. His thin cloak stretched across half his chest and waist, tied at the waist by a golden belt. The dark fabric hung around his body loosely, half his ashen skin revealed.

On his shoulders rested a heavy piece of dark gold armor, a dark hood covering his head. He wasn't dressed as a regal king, but he was the lord of death and looked the part. Across his back was a scythe, the sharp metal an ominous and frightening symbol to all the living.