𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 (𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑽 )

I want you guys to guess what happened to the bracelet. It'll be explained in the next chapter, but I want you to ponder on it a little.

⭒๋⭑

Everybody loves the things you do

From the way you talk

To the way you move

Everybody here is watching you

'Cause you feel like home
You're like a dream come true'

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 ─ Adele

⭒๋⭑

─────▕⃝⃤─────

𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟗.

A week into the term, I was already succumbing to the temptation of the snug embrace of my bed, preferring its warm comfort over January's icy gusts. But that morning, Narcissa dragged me out of bed — Quite literally.

"Stop being so lazy," she ordered, impatiently.

"Mind your own business, Black," I grumbled, trying to snuggle deeper under the covers.

"I need you to get up!" Narcissa insisted.

I grumbled and hid under the covers, but let out a yelp as my foot was forcefully pulled.

"Let go, Black!"

"Wake up already."

"No."

Narcissa continued to tug at my foot until, with no other option, I ended up tumbling onto the floor. I lay there, in shock, glaring at her through half-closed eyes while massaging my sore rear.

She was already impeccably dressed in her uniform. The cloak cascaded gracefully to nearly the floor, and the emerald-green silk tie indicated our house. Her hair was pulled up into a high and elegant ponytail, adorned with a black silk bow.

"What do you want, anyway?" I asked amidst a yawn.

Narcissa smiled at me, a smile that sent shivers down my spine. When she smiled, a dimple appeared on her cheeks, accentuating her annoyingly charming beauty. I rolled my eyes.

"Honestly? I want to annoy you. And I want you to come down for breakfast with me."

I huffed again, exasperated. If I refused, this pest would continue to pester me until I relented out of exhaustion.

Narcissa had been acting strangely since our mud fight.

At first, I didn't take it seriously, as she tends to cling to me just to annoy. But something seemed off. She started pushing my books during classes, sitting closer at breakfast, religiously attending all Quidditch practices, and, I could swear, she moved her table in the library closer to mine.

Reluctantly, I got up, yawning and shivering, and walked barefoot to the marble basin in the dormitory. Cold water gushed as I touched the basin, and I washed my face with a tired sigh.

"Are you going to watch me change too?"

Narcissa's cheeks turned pink, and she looked away. I raised an eyebrow suspiciously, but didn't comment and started getting ready. It didn't take me long to change, except for my hair, which resembled a bird's nest that morning.