18| Turmoil

Ania entered the house, her face beaming with a huge smile.

"Aarav!" she called out cheerfully, only to receive a whack from Rahul.

"Try again," he said  and she gave him  a tight lipped smile.

"Bhaii!" she called out again, and Aarav came  downstairs.

"Kia bana?" he asked.

"81 percent," she announced proudly, handing over the file.

"Wah bhaee, bhaiya ki daant achi khasi kaam ati hai" Aarav said examining the result.

"My hard work paid off," she stretched, earning eye rolls from both of them.

"Okay result ho Gaya now let's discuss other things," Rahul said, and she nervously turned to him, offering a hesitant smile.

"Bhaiya..." she began, but before she could finish, he caught her ear.

"Kon karta hai homework?" Rahul interjected, and Aarav gulped,

"Bh..bhai karte hain ahh mera kaan chorain," Ania quickly interjected, and he released her ear, turning his attention to Aarav.

"Bhot shouq hai parhne ka? Bhot kaam karne ka dil chah raha hai? Main doon kaam?" Rahul's tone turned sharp, and Aarav shook his head nervously.

"Bhaiya bhai ne aik dafa Kia tha" Ania piped up from behind.

"I'm coming towards you, so save your words," Rahul warned.

Rahul grabbed Aaravs ear "bhaiya bacha nahi hoon main" Aarav hissed  in pain.

"Harkatain bachon wali hain na" Rahul voice raised and be left his ear and turned towards Ania

"Koi bhee notebook leke idhar aao" Rahul  pointed infront of him and she took out her notebook and took hesitate steps and he twisted her ear harshly and then took her book

"Kia harkatain karti rehti ho school main aur writing kyun nahi sahi karti. Meri punishments main toh phir bhi behtar hoti hai. Look at your notebooks, Anu," Rahul scolded sternly, flipping through her messy schoolwork.

"Mujhe shauq nahi hai ke main Gandi writing kar ke apki di hui lines dubara likhoon," she muttered under her breath, but her words didn't escape Rahul's notice.

"Main puri notebooks dubara likhwaoon ga," he declared sharply, and she looked up at him with wide eyes.

"You want me to do that?" Rahul questioned, and she shook her head vigorously.

"Phir jitna bhi homework mila hai, neat writing ke sath karo, and rough register pe same homework do dafa aur karo," Rahul instructed.

"Do dafa phirse kyun?" she whined frustrated

"Apne bhai se homework karwane or gandi writing karne ke liye," he replied and she shot him a glare.

"Aur tum aida mujhe pata Chala na that you're doing her homework phir dekhna," Rahul turned towards Aarav and warned firmly, and Aarav nodded.

Ania poked Rahuls arm, drawing his attention.

"Ab kya hai?" he asked

"Mama ko batain mera result," she requested.

He nodded, forwarding his phone to her.

"Phone mere pass bhi hai, ap batain unhe," she replied

"Acha Main karta hoon," he reassured her, dialing his mother's number.

Ania turned to leave for her room, Aarav pulled her aside into a corner.

"Ye kya harkat thi?" Aarav said annoyed.