Arc 2: Chapter 2.5

Note: I just realized it while looking for a little piece of information about Uesugi Kenshin (It's not the real name which is Nagao Kagetora, it's something I already knew.) It's the "Prefecture", in Sengoku's time it wasn't called a prefecture, they were called "Province" but I've already used Prefecture so I'm not going to change all that. The provinces were replaced by prefectures during the Meiji era in the 19th century as part of the country's modernization. It may still be a piece of information that no one is interested in, but I let them know.

Arc 2: Chapter 2.5

[Japan – 1552]

Echigo Prefecture, Kasugayama Castle.

In the center of the entrance to the castle were two people having a training confrontation.

Using a katana in the duel, the sounds could be heard echoing even reaching the interior of the castle which caught the attention of the servants watching the duel.

They watched as a reddish-haired samurai fought with his lord Uesugi Kenshin, who fought almost at the same time.

The samurai's katana made a vertical cut that was easily dodged by his lord Uesugi Kenshin. Seeing how his attack was dodged, the samurai attacked again with a horizontal slash that was dodged by a jump. The samurai, seeing how Uesugi Kenshin did not have a stand, quickly attacked again where the katana descended to cut in two.

Krssshh!

Uesugi Kenshin used his katana to deflect the samurai's attack where it embedded itself in the ground. Seeing this opportunity in his favor, he decided to attack with the intention of cutting it in two.

Krssshh!

The samurai released his katana from the ground to fend off Uesugi Kenshin's attack.

They stared at each other fiercely with a faint smile adorning their faces.

Krssshh!

Without warning, the two attacked with a speed greater than human sight. Uesugi Kenshin's servants as well as vassals only stared at the blurry red-and-white blob in the center.

They couldn't discern who was winning the match.

Until they began to be alarmed when they saw that the center began to glow white.

Boom!

Everyone began to take cover when they saw a small shock wave that lifted the ground, slightly destroying the entrance to the castle.

The dust smoke that had risen only allowed the silhouettes to cross their weapons, they could not differentiate who crossed whom. The dust smoke began to clear little by little until they could see what had happened.

The weapon that his lord Uesugi Kenshin had used had been replaced by his prized naginata that was mostly used in wars.

As well as the samurai's katana that was replaced by a katana that could be seen to be of better quality than the previous one, being a fact since on one side was the previous katana broken into several pieces.

"Hmph. This time it was a draw, Uesugi-sama." The samurai spoke with a tone of respect as he put the katana in its holster.

"Tch. Next time I'll beat you, Senji." Uesugi showed his displeasure at having a draw as he astralized his naginata.

"Whenever I want." Senji walked toward the entrance, which was slightly destroyed. "I will retire. I've fulfilled your whim to have a duel."

"I would like to know when you will fulfill my whim to marry me."