Endgame:Ran

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

"Now tell me Mommy which flower do you like more?". You were handed out two flower bouquets of different colours.

"What is this S/n?",you cheerfully asked,grabbing both the bouquets in your hands.
[S/n as in Son's/name]

"Daddy and I are competing to see who can impress Mommy more!!",he was enthusiastically answering you with joy.

You glanced at Ran for the surprise bouquets yet he just raised his brows to help you play along with it. Initially,Ran went to pick him up from school but then came home with two bouquets and a competition with his son. Ran had always been a fan of surprising you one way or the other and now your son had grown to take into his steps.

"Hmm..",you hummed,carefully observing both the bouquets, "I think i like this one more!",you hand forward the bouquet of camilia over the bouquet of roses.

A cheerful laugh instantly erupted from your son with little jumps of joy,"Yay!! I won!!"

"That's not fair!!",Ran played on the act of retaliating,"You are cheating! I should win!"

"Nooo!! The mini-Ran was following exactly in the footsteps of his father," I won over Daddy!!"

"You're not winning next time!!",Ran was playfully chasing him around the yard where you were hanging out the freshly washed clothes.

Who would have believed that these pictures of joy and sounds of cheer would have evolved from all the catastrophic episodes throughout the journey. This moment was really the moment of attestation that the person meant for you will always find their way no matter what. And you couldn't have been any luckier that Ran is that person for you.

"Are you two hungry? Shall we go bake some macarons?",you hate to interrupt them happily playing but it was past noon already and it was time for your baby boy to have his lunch.

"Can we add ice cream too?",your son was proposing from in between Ran's arms," Please.."

"Sure! If you want to then we will add whatever!",you were joining in to boost his excitement.

At this point,what makes your son happy is what makes the two of you happy and you both were entirely committed to bring him up in a healthy and clean environment with lots of affection and assurance - which Ran and you were never granted.

'We will raise him up like we've always wished we were,that's my promise to him',Ran's promise when he was born rang through in the middle of your thoughts,warming your heart up as you fondly watched them.

"Now go and change your uniforms..",you sent him off with a pat on his head.

°

°

"Finally!",out of the blue,Ran swung you into his arms after your son was out of sight," Can i get a kiss for the loss?"

"I like yours too though..",you admitted,giving into his kiss.

It was very obvious that the rose bouquet was from Ran. He always had a bouquet of roses for you every time he felt like your mood was a little off,for every anniversary or any kind of event that he could find the chance to. They never bore you as he always presents them with different colours for different occasions. Today,he specifically picked a bouquet of burgundy roses and it was definitely one of the top picks. However,the efforts and thoughts that your son must've put in while picking managed to win you over today.