Desire

It's Just a cute little short fic; enjoy  :)

Taylor pulled her lips off of his and took a breath. "We shouldn't do this."

Travis smiled and pushed her tighter against the wall. "Ok, but we already are."

Taylor sighed and turned her head to the side as Travis leaned in and kissed her neck. "I know, but I mean...ooh," she breathed out as Travis found that spot for the first time, that spot on her neck, right by her ear, that turned her to mush. Usually.

The feeling of his lips on her skin, the way he held her so tightly against the wall, was intoxicating. She could feel herself melting, giving in to the desire she'd been trying to ignore for so long. "God, Travis," she whispered, her voice shaky with need. "You're going to be the death of me."

"But Trav, I'm serious. We...we shouldn't." Looking into her eyes, Travis sighed and turned his attention off her neck.

"What's wrong?" He asked, dying to keep kissing her, but understood she was hesitant. He stroked her shoulder for a moment after she didn't answer, trying to reassure her and get her to say whatever she needed.

She finally spoke. "Trav." She looked up at him and smiled, but not a genuine smile, the kind of smile you smile when you're sad and don't like yourself, full of fear and self-loathing. "I recently broke up with Joe. You know that. I'm not in any real place for...whatever this is."

Travis took a step back, his hands falling to his sides. "He was an asshole," he said, then immediately regretted the harshness of his tone. He wanted to make her feel better, not worse."I'm sorry," he said, brushing a stray hair behind her ear. "I didn't mean to sound so harsh. It's just that... I care about you. A lot. And he didn't treat you right."

"Plus, you weren't in love with him. And you hadn't seen him in months before you broke up. I know that, too. You know how I know?"

Taylor raised an eyebrow. "How?"

Travis leaned in very close so his lips were right next to her ear. When he spoke, his breath shivered across her skin. "Because I watch you. I see how you look at me when you think no one notices. I hear it in your voice when you talk about me." He paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I feel it in how you touch me, even when we're just friends."

"But everyone is going to think-"

Travis cut her off with a gentle kiss. "Do you care what people think?" he asked, his voice soft but insistent. "Because I don't. All I care about is you."

She could feel her resolve crumbling under the weight of his words and the intensity of his gaze. He was right; she felt differently about him than she had ever had about Joe. And she knew that she could trust Travis with her heart, even if it meant risking the opinions of others.

With a small sigh, Taylor leaned into him, allowing herself to melt against the wall once more as his arms wrapped tightly around her. "Okay," she whispered, her voice barely audible even to her ears. "Okay, we can do this. But you have to promise me something."

Travis pulled back slightly, his brows furrowing in confusion. "What's that?"

"You have to promise me that you'll be gentle with me. That you'll take it slow and let me figure things out." She looked into his eyes, searching for a hint of understanding or agreement.Travis nodded, his expression solemn. "I promise. I'll take it slow and be patient with you. And I'll be here for you, no matter your need." He kissed her softly, his lips lingering on hers for several seconds before pulling back.

Taylor felt a shiver run down her spine as Travis's lips brushed against hers. She could feel the tension in his body, the way he held her so tightly as if he was afraid he'd lose her if he let go. It was a feeling she hadn't experienced with anyone else, making her heart race.With each passing moment, the weight of their situation seemed to fade away, replaced by a sense of rightness, of completeness. They were together, finally, and nothing else mattered.