Chapter 26 - To The Demon Wolf's Garden!

The day was today, two separate groups gathered outside of the gates of Alessa. I had stuffed Fran's Pocket Dimension with all sorts of materials that I had on me. Extra food provisions including a limited supply of curry, burgers, and meat, a load of camping gear that Tempest provided me once when I had left Tempest on my journey over to the human kingdoms, a few barrels filled with clean water in case Fran didn't have anything to drink, and a load of other precautions including back-up weapons like Bows & Arrows, a dagger, and a spear in the case that Fran found my blade body cumbersome and bothersome.

Though Fran argued that the back-ups were not at all needed as long as she had my blade body.

It was the least I could provide her on this trip.

"Fran, remember to call on Urushi at any time when you are in danger. They'll be in your shadows at all times, alright?"

"Nn."

(Woof!)

I looked over towards Fran's shadow to see a pair of ears and eyes poking barely above the surface.

"Urushi, keep yourself hidden until Fran needs your help."

(Woof!)

Urushi flowed back into Fran's shadow completely and it looked as if they were no longer there. I could barely detect his presence within Fran's shadow, it seemed like they were just as talented as Ranga in hiding within someone's shadow undetected.

"Master, I won't let you down."

"Fran."

I put my hand on Fran's shoulder and looked her in the eyes.

"You don't need to make me proud, you just need to stay safe, alright?"

"Nn. Ok!"

I don't think Fran is taking my advice too seriously. If I heard she had come out with serious injuries, I would have to scold her...

Fran had a rather determined look on her face and she was giving off a powerful aura despite having not been born with much power. When I first met her, she was weak and frail to the point that a somewhat stuck sword in the ground was challenging for her to pull out. Now, she's grown into a fully-fledged D-Rank Adventurer in the span of three weeks. Even without Recieve and Provide operating, she would still be worthy of her D-Rank, at least compared to others within her ranking. It was only a matter of Fran proving to others that she was deserving of it.

Well, deserving enough of it that Klimt doesn't look like a gigantic pervert.

"But master, are you sure you'll be ok?"

"Don't worry, I'll be fine."

The previous night, me and Fran had been talking a load about one very specific problem.

It was mainly that damn forest that separated Alessa from the Demon Wolf's Garden.

* * *

Yesterday Night

I had returned back after having taken my bath, Fran should have been asleep by now but surprisingly, she was still awake.

"Fran, why aren't you asleep yet?"

"Master!"

Fran seemed very worried about something. It wasn't like her to get worked up about something, I wondered if she really had a bad premonition about tomorrow like I did or if she'll be scared without me.