Chapter 12

GENEVIEVE ASHBOURNE'S POV

Marahas na hinila ako ni Lucius patayo.

Mabilis naman akong nagtago sa likod niya.

Habang ang hari ay matindig na nakatayo while repairing the scattered place using his power. He didn't say anything. In one sway of his fingers, those lifeless body on the ground already covered with white clothes.

"bring them back to their own hometown." The King command.

In just a blinked of an eye, he vanished in front of us.

Napalingon ako kay Lucius nang marinig ang buntong hininga niya.

"bakit?" tanong ko sa kanya.

He ordered those soldiers to clean the mess and started walking.

"The King is still not fully recovered. The formidable barrier established by the King is beginning to falter. And that indicates that the power of the king is slowly diminishing, while the enemy is getting stronger. Thay manange to infiltrated the palace and created chaos without arousing suspicion."

"Ha? I thought the King already gained his power and strength before the ceremony? Isn't he's been recuperating for weeks?"

Umiling siya.

"It's not that he's unable to regain his full power. Rather, during the revival process, an unexpected event occurred that severely shook his foundation. The Queen mysteriously vanished right after the revival, and as mates and each other's source of energy, the King and Queen are meant to stay together. Without the Queen's presence, it will become increasingly challenging for the King to maintain his strength and power, causing him to grow weaker with each passing day. The Queen herself is also affected by this situation, and nobody knows her current whereabouts or if she is even alive. Even the great sorcerer couldn't feel her essence. While the King can't use his full power to track his Queen." paliwanag niya.

Nakailang pasikot-sikot na kami dito sa loob ng main palace. Parang may mga pinasukan pa kaming mga hidden passage. Hanggang sa tumapat kami sa isang kulay itim na pintuan.

Pinanood ko lang kung anong mga ginagawa ni Lucius. He pressed something and suddenly, the huge door opened.

Malawak ang room na ito at hindi to basta isang kwaro lang. It's more likely a dungeon. Walang bintana kaya tanging mga ilaw galing sa mga torch lang ang nagbibigay liwanag. Pero ang nakaagaw ng aking pansin ay ang Hari na nakatayo sa gitna. It's a formation actually.

He's like enduring something. Hindi na siya ang makapangyarihang Hari na tumatak sa isip ko na nakikita ko sa labas. This time, he's trying to get rid of somehing that torturing him from inside.

"w-what's happening?"

"This is what I told you earlier. His own energy will attack him at some time that cause him feel weak at that moment. And that circle formation is helping him. The only way to make the King's energy stable is the purification power of the Queen. They both have that kind of power but it needed a stable energy to perform it. The King's situation couldn't use it because it may backfired on him instead."

I felt something on my heart. It's something like I wanna help. Sa situation na nakikita ko ngayon ay parang gusto kong lumapit to help him ease the pain his enduring. I saw how he wanted to shout the pain but he stay still and manage to fight it.

Napahawak ako sa pisngi ko nang maramdaman kong may umagos na tubig. No, it's a tears. Am I crying?

Pinunasan ko iyon at sinubukang lumapit sa circle.

"what are you doing!?" mabilis na pinigilan ako ni Lucius.

"I-I just w-want to help. Lucius I can heal right!?" desperadang hinawakan ko ang braso niya at pinakiusapan siya.