Chapter 18

Narrator's Pov

Lucius received a news that a Saintess from Arcanum, the only daughter of the elder was in the palace.

"what is she doing here in the palace?" tanong niya sa isang kawal na nagreport sa kanya.

"Pinadala siya dito ni Elder Shan para tulungan ang Hari sa pagcultivate ng kapangyarihan niya."

Lucius find it suspicious. He never saw and didn't even know that Elder Shan has a daughter.

"Knight L...." nag-aalanganin na sabi ng kawal.

"what? Is there another thing you want to tell me?"

"ahmm...T-the King granted the Crystaline Hall to the saintess as sign of gratitude. Dahil hanggang ngayon wala pa rin ang Reyna, wala ng iba na makakatulong sa Hari kundi ang Saintess ng mga sorcerers."

Lucius gritted his teeth at humigpit ang hawak niya sa nililinisan niyang double-blade scythe.

Tumayo siya ng marahas at iniwan ang kawal.

He needs to talk to the King.

"I've been serving you and your people through out my life." Lucius said nang walang ano-ano.

Napahinto ang Hari pero hindi nagsalita at hinintay ang sunod na sasabihin ni Lucius.

"your majesty, you died once. But I never thought to leave this place. I never had any delusions or wishes to do in this life. I only want to protect the people and serve here in the palace. But Genevieve is more important than everyone else." Lucius said while trying not to raise his voice.

"you know that she's willing to trade her life, to risk everything to officially claim the Crystaline Hall! She already decided to settle her life here! Right. The saintess did a heavy favor to you to give the Hall to her."

Hindi na nag-isip pa si Lucius nang tinutok niya ang kanyang weapon sa Hari. The King just look at him without emotions.

"Why do you need to give that Crystaline Hall to other person when there is other available Halls for you to give. are you afraid that you may take Genevieve as the Queen because they have the same face? Do you already develop even a tiny feeling for her? I want an honest answer, your majesty."

The King seriously look at him.

"in this world. The most difficult thing to do, is to be honest." The King shorly answered.

Binaba ni Lucius ng kanyang sandata.

"I'm willing to go against you and break the seal as your Knight if something happened to Genevieve under your control."

Genevieve's Pov

Lucius help me to relief myself by accompanying me a walk to tour in this palace.

Habang naglalakad ay bigla siyang nagtanong. Isang tanong na hindi ko alam kung ano ang isasagot.

"Have you already fall to the King? Genevieve?"

Napahinto ako sa paglalakad kaya nahinto rin siya. I tried to look for an answer on myself but I know that I already know it. pero alam ko sa sarili kong mali iyon. I want to answer him honestly but myself is telling me to just forget it and just keep it myself. dahil alam ko naman na hindir rin naman ako mabibigyan ng pag-asa kaya bakit ko pa sasabihin sa iba? It's better na ako lang ang may alam.

Natawa ng mahina si Lucius.

"you don't need to answer."

Nagpatuloy kami sa paglalakad nang biglang may tumalon sa gilid at halos daganan ako.