3- What if Lucy was Tim's puppy when he was a rookie?

This story has one chapter and it takes about 1 hour to read. It has almost 15.000 words, so enjoy. ; )

I'm sorry if my English isn't very good. English is not my first language and I have dyslexia. This isn't my best story, because I had to rewrite it about ten times but I hope you still like it.

Backstory: It was the last 5 months of Tim's rookie training. His training officer is called Scott Baker. Angela is also still a rookie and she and Tim are inseparable. Lucy is 16 years old but about to turn 17. John and Lucy have never dated and captain Zoë Andersen never existed.

The second part of this story is based on the first episode of The Rookie 1x 1 Pilot. Watch it on 'ABC' or 'Hulu'.

March 18 2008

It's a Tuesday morning and Angela and Tim walked into the roll call room together. 'So how was your date last night?' Angela asked, intrigued as they both sat down in the front row. 'Oh, horrible. She couldn't stop talking about how great her ex was. She was clearly still in love with him. Like if he is that great, why break up with him?' Tim responded, annoyed and that made Angela grin. 'So no second date?' She continued, avoiding his question. 'Absolutely not.' He said quickly. 'Oh, and by the way. She kept asking for my number so I just gave her yours. So if you can just pretend that you're my girlfriend when she calls. That would be awesome.' He added, trying not to laugh. Angela's smile faded and she gave him a disappointed look. 'Seriously? This is the third time you've asked me to do this. Just say that you're not interested.' She said. 'I know but I just don't want to hurt her.' Tim explained. 'So instead you're gonna act like a cheater. That's not better. You know this hurts even more right?' Angela asked. 'I know but I don't like the confrontation. Plus I know you enjoy doing it.' He responded, smiling big. 'Ugh, good point. Fine I'll do it but this is the last time.' Angela finally gave in. 'Thank you.' He just responded, because roll call was about to start.

'Good morning everyone.' Grey said. 'I don't have much to say, other than two open cases.' He added as he walked over to the two rookies. 'Lopez, the Fillion Sanchez case is for you. He robbed a couple stores so good luck with that one.' 'Great.' Her T.O. said from the back of the room. Grey looked up but he didn't respond. 'And the missing person report is for Bradford.' Grey explained, throwing two case files on the desk in front of Angela and Tim. 'Lucia Chen was according to her parents supposed to babysit but never came back home.' Grey added and Tim opened the file. 'Okay, that's it for today. For the rest of you., go out there and find some trouble. Be safe out there. Dismissed.' he said and everyone started walking out. 'See you at lunch.' Angela said to Tim and she went to get the war bags. How old is this girl?' Scott asked Tim. Tim quickly searched through the file. 'Lucia Crystal Chen, Chinese American, 16 years old, lives on 1572 Redwood street. Lives with her biological mother and step father. Their names are Vanessa and Patrick Chen.' Tim read, looking up at Scott. 'Well let's pay these parents a visit.' Scot responded as he turned around to walk out. 'Go get the war bags, boot!' He added and Tim did as he was told.

1572 Redwood street

Tim and Scott arrived at the address from the report and were about to knock on the door when it flung open. Here stood a middle aged woman with a stressed look on her face. 'Did you find her?' She asked, worried. 'I'm sorry ma'am we haven't yet but we are here to investigate.' Scott explained. 'Can we come in?' Tim added and the woman immediately opened the door for them. The man also came out of the kitchen. They all sat down around the kitchen table. 'So let's start off with your names.' Scott said as Tim grabbed his notebook and pen. They already knew their names but they needed to make use they were talking to the right people. 'Patrick and Venessa Chen.' The woman answered. Tim wrote it down and continued the questions. What was the last time you saw your daughter?' He asked. 'Around 3 p.m. She just came home from school and we had an argument about her English grade and her piano lessons. She got a B and a B- in biology and her piano teacher called us yesterday and told us that she hasn't been showing up to class for weeks now.' Venessa explained. 'An B is pretty good.' Scott stated. Patrick and Venessa looked at him with a look that said 'you better be joking'. 'She needs at least all A's to get into that psychology class. We need her to be a successful therapist. And we pay a lot of money for those piano lessons.' Venessa explained, getting a little mad at scott.