Chapter 5

Hey there! Welcome back to your regularly scheduled programming! I'm going to tell you right now that Duelist Kingdom will be split into two chapters since it would be ridiculously long if I didn't. 

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh!

Now that I have Bakura on my side things should be going smoother. Although, I feel like each time I think that lately, the universe just tries to fuck me over in anyways it knows how. Maybe I should just stop reflecting on things, but I can't help it I mean how else am I supposed to process all the shit that keeps flying right at me at every waking moment. Speaking of shit flying at me out of fucking nowhere, Kaiba and I met the other day when he said he had something important to tell me. Apparently he is starting his next publicity stunt.

He decided to team up with Maximillion Pegasus and put on this big tournament but since it got around that I had defeated Kaiba, I would be the one competing and going for 1st place. Now when I made the deal with Kaiba to basically be his dog, I knew I was going in for stuff like this. I didn't want to be, but I accepted that fact, the only reason I didn't complain one peep was for 1 reason alone: Pegasus had the millennium eye. I guess getting Kaiba was a huge asset after all, I mean I didn't even have to wait for friggin Shadi to come and show me where these things were, they were practically coming to me.

I had to come up with a plan now though, I knew it would not be hard to get Yugi to go to the tournament as long as there was an invitation, but how do I make it connected to magic so that I have a reason to take the eye. Turns out Kaiba was once again one step ahead of me with that too, I have a feeling this will start to piss me off later, for now I'll take anything that will make this who bit of nonsense any easier. Turns out Pegasus is pretty much a lunatic and thought it would be hilariously fun to make it look like he could read minds with his millennium eye. Where did he come up with the reading minds thing, you ask? Absolutely nobody has any friggin idea, but you know what I really don't care. So long as this tournament goes smoothly he can be a crazy motherfucker all he wants.

The next day Yugi received a package in the mail from Pegasus with a video tape inside. Man did he do a good job with that tape, it even had a few frames on there for the first like 30 seconds for hypnotizing everyone else in the room to be "frozen." He left a long ass message on there for me though, I put Yugi to sleep with dreams of a duel where he was reading our minds going on. The message was mostly him introducing himself and saying that he would gladly give up the eye seeing as he had no true use for it, just too much money and not enough to spend it on. He told me the details of the tournament and how it was going to go, like who I would duel so I could prepare ahead of time. The last part of the message was to tell me what the end of the video tape was going to be and how I was to make it look like I lost so that I was "blackmailed" into going to the tournament. Also apparently grandfather was supposed to lose his soul within the last few frames of the tape, or something along those lines. I just rolled with it and made sure the memories Yugi had of this tape ended correctly.

Even though he warned me ahead of time of what was going to happen, even I got a bit worried when grandfather just passed out. I knew all we had to do was snap him out of the hypnosis, still nevertheless it was a bit scary. Yugi was in a panic attack for about 10 minutes until his friends calmed him down. I was going through the never ending apologies for failing him trying to sound guilty, I'm guessing it worked since he never questioned it.

We were scheduled to get on a boat to the island in a couple of days. If I only knew how annoying that boat ride was going to be. First off, Jounouchi being a fucking capital d-Dumbass jumped off the boat to save the Exodia cards happened. Then Yugi jumped in after him giving me a heart attack. I honestly don't know who will suffer more when I'm done Haga or Jounouchi. It's a close tie right now, leaning more towards Haga, but very very close. Plus Jounouchi wasn't even supposed to be there at all in the first place, but no he insisted on helping. It didn't help my temper when I found out that Anzu and Honda decided to sneak on as well. Here I thought this was going to be a easy relaxing tournament.