Carnival

"Come on Leo they're opening the rides!" You said excitedly pulling the Latinos arm. He chuckled at your enthusiasm and let you drag him through the carnival that they had set up just outside of New York City. Leo had taken you for your second date and it was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for you.

"Oh my gods Leo look at all the rides!" You grinned pointing to a small ride that had cars that spun around. You pulled Leo into a car and strapped yourself in bouncing up and down excitedly.

Leo laughed at you and relaxed in his seat, that is until the ride started. The car lifted farther off of the ground and he sat bolt upright gripping the handle bar. "(Y/n) i-is this ride safe?" He asked.

"Yes, it's perfectly safe and really really fun. Don't be such a baby." You teased. He pouted and sunk in his seat.

"I'm not a baby," he mumbled and you chuckled.

Soon the ride started spinning faster and faster and a grin spread across your face. You raised your arms in the air and screamed in delight, feeling the wind on your face, blowing your hair in all directions. Leo on the other hand had his eyes closed the whole time and held onto the handle bar for dear life, his knuckles white from his tight grip. After the ride stopped you laughed and hopped off, Leo shakily unbuckled himself then practically fell out of the car.

"Oh sweet sweet ground!" He dropped to his knees and kissed the grass. You laughed and picked him up.

"That was nothing! Come on lets play some games." You took Leo's hand and then ran to the game booths set up. "Oh my gods Leo look at that panda!" You pointed to a fluffy panda stuffed animal at the ring toss.

Leo grinned at you. "Want me to win it for you?"

"Would you?"

"Of course. Anything for you mi amore." He turned to the guy running the booth and handed him five dollars and in return he got five rings.

"Get all five around the bottles and you win the panda," the guy said.

You hopped up and down in place encouraging Leo as he pulled his hand back then let the ring go. It spun like a frisbee then hooked around a bottle.

"Yes!" You both said at the same time. You laughed at each other then Leo tossed his next ring. That and the next two landed around a bottle until only one ring was left in his hand.

"Come on Leo you got this. Toss that ring!" You said. He nodded then licked his lips pulling his hand back, he then tossed the ring and it bounced off the bottle and landed on the ground.

"Aw come on! That's bull crap I totally had that!" Leo ranted waving his arms around in the air.

"Sorry buddy. No panda." The guy said.

Leo then kept ranting about how the game was rigged and you sighed putting a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "It's okay, we can try another game."

He frowned and hugged you. "I'm sorry mi amore, all of these games are stupid anyway."

You smiled and hugged him back. "It's okay."
Suddenly a girl came up to the booth and put her hands on her hips, glaring at the guy behind the counter.

"Are you ripping people off again Tyler?" She asked. The dude Tyler gulped and pulled his hat farther over his eyes.

"Um...maybe?"

The girl sighed then turned to you and Leo. "I'm so sorry Tyler always does this to get more money. If you get four rings on the bottles then you get a prize and the fifth ring is a bonus so you get a dollar back from what you paid. You guys won the panda fair and square." She took the panda down and handed it to Leo then turned to Tyler and started scolding him.

Leo grinned at you then held out the panda to you, "For you mi amore."

You giggled and took the fluffy panda cuddling it to your chest. "Thank you you're the best." You kissed Leo's cheek and he blushed.

After that your day consisted of funnel cake, more games, ice cream, caramel corn, a photo booth, one more ride, then finally cotton candy. You were eating the fluffy pink food when out of no where Leo smirked and licked your nose. Your eyes widened and you crossed them to see where Leo had licked you.

"Did you just lick me?" You asked and he grinned at you.

"You had cotton candy on your nose,"

You rolled your eyes just as the sun set and the stars started peeking out one by one. For a second everything was dark, and then the carnival lights turned on. The world was bathed in multicolored lights and you smiled taking Leo's hand staring at it all. What you didn't know was that he wasn't staring at the lights, he was staring right at you. Watching as your eyes lit up with awe and a huge smile spread across your lips, the carnival lights reflecting in your (e/c) eyes and your hair blowing in the slight breeze.

Leo then pulled you to the Ferris wheel and sat in a cart with you next to him. The man pulled the safety bar over you both then the wheel started spinning up. Your hands were on the bar as were Leo's, he slowly moved his fingers so that they gently laid on top of yours. You looked down at your hands then took his in yours, interlacing your fingers together. Leo smiled as did you then the cart shuddered and stopped.

"Whoa!" You exclaimed squeezing Leo's hand. He chuckled at you then pointed across the carnival.

"Check it out, we stopped at the top."

Indeed you had. The lights met the stars on the horizon and you leaned forward taking in all the beauty.

"Wow," you breathed. It was the best view you had ever seen. The galaxy seemed to spread out across the sky before you, purples and pinks and blues mixed together like food coloring in water. The stars forming beautiful celestial pictures.

The moment was perfect. You and Leo atop the Ferris wheel at the highest point, hand in hand above the lights of the carnival. He wrapped a warm arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer, you snuggled into his chest and enjoyed every breath taking second. You then lifted your head and Leo was leaning down towards you, you closed your eyes and his warm lips pressed against yours in a soft tender kiss.

You hooked an arm around his neck and pulled him closer, his lips moving slowly and smoothly over yours. Nothing could ruin the perfect moment. Zeus himself could have dropped the sky onto the earth and you two wouldn't have noticed a thing. All because you had each other.