012

Kade was back in the musky dark metal hallway. Loud clanking coming from deep in the dark hall. It was so hot, every surface felt like a stove top, Kade became drenched in sweat almost immediately.

He moved down the hallway again, and came on the large production floor. Endless rows of conveyors producing more and more Reapers.

"Prepare another attack," a voice said. It wasn't the deep growly voice he heard the first time, but a new one. "Target the Black Meka. I want you to push it to his limits, and kill him."

"As you wish," the deep growly voice spoke this time. "He's here again."

"Where?"

"In the hall, overhearing us speak."

"Send the next wave, and upgrade your firewalls."

"As you wish."

Kade's wrist began to buzz. He shook it off mindlessly, trying to hear the two mysterious voices talk some more. Rhythmic banging of the production lines thudded. Then the ship started to shake.

Kade woke up with Rise and Clear standing over him with worried looks. "What time is it?" he asked in a groggy voice.

"Three in the morning," Rise said.

Clear held up her watch, a Reaper wave was incoming. "Reapers? I was just dreaming about them sending another attack," Kade sat up. Rise clicked the rooms light on and he stood up.

"This isn't a dream Cap," Rise said pulling him out of the bedroom. "We barely have time to get set up in our Meka's before they come. We need to go."

Luckily for them, an MP Booth was out front of their apartment building. "Team Leader should go first," Rise said, Clear agreed.

"Alright," Kade said, stepping into the booth with a yawn, and scanning his watch.

Welcome Team Leader Kade.

The floor gave out and he began sliding down. He hit the mat at the end, his Pilot suit tightly on him. He ran to his bay, Apex was already getting sent up to the Void.

Kade was lifted into the tunnel and shot into the air, entering the Void. He landed in the dead dirt, filled with craters and remains. Apex was already waiting.

"Samurai online," Kade said.

"Took you long enough boss," Apex said.

"I was sleeping," Samurai said.

They waited for the rest of the team. Frost was the last one to come up. They regrouped, and Kade looked over Clear's Meka.

Slim and blue, had variable scopes attached to her eyes so she could see further away. And a small screen on her left wrist.

"Wake online," she said.

"Come on, we got the report already. About 60 Grunts a few clicks to the North, already made land fall. Wake you take the lead so recon for the Reapers," Samurai said.

"Any notice on higher level Reapers?" Frost said.

"None, but don't be surprised if one shows up," Samurai said. "Let's move!"

They moved along the scared Earth, where hundreds of battles were fought over the forty years since the first Reaper attacks. Remnants of an Earth Kade had never and will never know. A home he was born to fight and die for, would never know of his existence.