Keeping Secrets

It was a beautiful mid fall day, Geese flew over head, The weather was just right, and the leaves on the trees turned a nice color of orange, but sadly for team RWBY they weren't enjoying this wonderful day they were currently in the middle of Beacon Library studying for an upcoming project in Professor peaches class. As the four huntresses in training were reading through their individual books Yang looked over to Ruby and asked her a question.

"Hey rubes can't you just have Honstek look up all the information we need for our project?" Yang asked, hoping to get the boring paperwork Over with.

"No, that would be cheating and we already have all these books opened up." Said Ruby As she jotted down some notes onto some paper.

"Oh come on Ruby it's not like Professor Peach has to know." Yang said, beggingly.

"No is no Yang. Plus we don't want to start any bad habits." Said Ruby.

"Ruby's right Yang." Said Blake as she put away one book and began to read through a second one.

"Besides, we get to spend time together without anything crazy happening." Said Weiss

"Ugggg, Fiiinnnee." Said a disappointed Yang.

With that the four huntresses in training went back to their studying. As Ruby read through a book on herbal remedies She was Interrupted by a tapping on her shoulder. Ruby turned to see who it was and saw Honstek.

"What is it Honstek?" Ruby asked her bodyguard.

"Your father wishes to speak with you, your majesty." Honstek Said quietly.

"Oh okay." Said a surprised Ruby.

With that Ruby stood up from her chair to leave the library.

"Don't worry girls I'll be right back, continue on without me." said Ruby before walking out of the library.

Once Ruby got out of the library she quickly made her way throughout Beacon Academy all while dodging the Headmasters cameras. Eventually she was at the cliff where the initiation ceremony was held. Ruby quickly made her way over to the cliff and speedily made her way down into the Emerald Forest, One of the few locations that was truly secluded at Beacon save for the few cameras Ozpin had in the forest, thankfully due to Ruby's scarab network she knew the location of every single camera in Beacon and within the Emerald Forest. Now in the Emerald Forest Ruby Made her way to a secluded Meadow where she knew Ozpin had no cameras, Ruby quickly made her way to the meadow and once in she looked over to Honstek and gave him the go-ahead to start the call. Honstek raised up his two hands while several scarabs flew about, eventually a single scarab flew into the center of the meadow and a holographic projection of Imotekh the stormlord appeared.

"Hello father." Ruby said courteously as she walked over to the hologram of her father.

"And hello to you my beloved daughter." Said a happy Imotekh.

"Not to be rude dad but why are you calling so early you usually wait till after classes?" Asked a confused Ruby.

"You are not being rude my dear, and to answer your question it is about the spies you found earlier during your first semester." Explained Imotekh.

"I see, do you want me to eliminate them? I already have a squad of deathmarks trailing their every move." Ruby said.

"No." Said Imotekh.

"Then what do you want to do with them?" asked Ruby, eager to hear what her father was planning.

"I do not plan on eliminating or ousting the spies my dear, they're more useful to us alive than dead, at least for now. No, what I have planned is to let their "master plan" fall through partially." Explained Imotekh.

"But father wouldn't that be putting the whole of Vale if not the world of Remnant in danger?" Asked a concerned Ruby.

"I understand your concern my dear but we will be there to minimize the damages their plan will cause." Said Imotekh trying to comfort his daughter.

"I understand that our forces will be there to minimize the damage and meaningless violence but is this truly worth the risk father?" asked Ruby.

"Yes, I believe it is worth the risk, my little Rose. This will show that Atlas and Vale are incapable of protecting their civilians while we "swoop in" and save the day making the dynasty look better, Meaning in the long term integrating Remnant into the wider Dynasty will be easier." Said Imotekh Explaining his plan.

"Your plan does make sense father but I'm concerned for the ramifications of the aftermath." Said a stressed Ruby while thinking over her father's plan.

"Do not worry my little Rose for I will personally lead the assault." Said Imotekh trying to comfort his daughter.

Ruby simply nodded at what her father had said. Fully knowing that if her father was leading the assault personally then Cinders plans would definitely fail.

"Do you wish me to notify any of our forces?" Asked Ruby.

"No, We will keep this between you and me and a few select generals. We don't need our human auxiliaries to slip up and accidentally leak the information to your Headmaster and the Arrogant General Ironwood." Said Imotekh.

"Understood, is there anything else that you wish to notify me of?" asked Ruby.

"No, there isn't anything else and I shouldn't keep you any longer. I did call you in the middle of classes after all." Said Imotekh.

"Yeah." said Ruby nervously, while looking at the time.

"Well then I will see you later then my little Rose, Goodbye for now." Said Imotekh.

"Goodbye for now dad." Ruby said happily to her adopted father.

With that the call ended, Ruby stealthily Made her way throughout the Emerald Forest eventually she made her way back to Beacon where she made a Beeline for the library where her teammates were still studying. As Yang was reading through a book about the wonderful world of herbal medicines made from wild lettuce She notices Ruby reentering the library.

"Hey rubes!" Said Yang trying her best to get away from the boring project.

Instead of reacting or waving back to her sister, Ruby simply remained silent and sat back down. Yang alongside her other teammates seeing all of this immediately knew something was off with their team leader and friend.

"Ruby, is something wrong?" Asked Weiss Cautiously.

"It's nothing." Ruby said plainly while reading through a book on herbal teas.

"Okay?" Said a confused Blake.

"So... why did Imotekh call, it's kind of... early don't you think?" Asked Yang.

"Nothing too important. Just a few strategically important worlds fell under our control in our war against the Imperium of man." Ruby said nonchalantly as she continued to read the book on herbal teas.

"I see." Said Yang While silently looking over to Weiss and Blake while silently asking them for help.

"Besides that was there anything else?" Weiss asked cautiously.

"No, not really." Ruby said flatly.

With that their table fell silent, Ruby continued on reading her book on herbal teas while Yang, Weiss, and Blake looked at one another unsure on what to do next. Eventually they all went back to studying save for Yang.

"I will find out what you're hiding Ruby, and nothing's going to stop me, not even Imotekh." Thought Yang as she glared down at the book she was supposedly reading.