Chapter 8

"Ouch!" Silvershine turned around and glared at Maplepaw who was dragging a bramble towards the nursery, "Quit hitting me with that!"

"Sorry!" said Maplepaw.

She spat out the bramble, "Are you okay?"

Silvershine narrowed her eyes, she seems a lot more cheerful than usual today. "Yes, I'm fine, I'll go see Lilypool later."

"Hollystar told me to tell you that you're going to the gathering tonight."

"Great!" said Silvershine, "It'll be our first gathering as warriors. I wonder whether those Ivyclan apprentices are warriors yet, it'll be great if we are and they aren't."

Maplepaw looked coldly at her.

"Sorry!" said Silvershine, "I forgot for a moment, don't worry, isn't Dawnlight giving you your warrior assesment soon?"

"It's all right, I had my assesment this morning."

"What?" asked Silvershine, "Oh, why didn't you mention it sooner?"

Maplepaw shrugged, "I think I did okay, do you think Hollystar will make me a warrior now?"

"Of course!"

Hollystar leaped onto the the holly tree, "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the holly tree for a clan meeting!"

"I, Hollystar, leader of Hollyclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn. Maplepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do."

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Maplepaw, from now on you'll be known as Mapleleaf. Starclan honours your courage and compassion, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Hollyclan."

"Mapleleaf! Mapleleaf!"

"Meeting dismissed, Mapleleaf, you will go sit vigil, the cats who are coming to the gathering, come with me."

Hollystar lead them out of camp and into the ravine.

Hollystar joined Nightstar on the ledge and they started the gathering.

"Prey is plentiful, we have two new warriors, Dapplepaw is now Dappleheart, Cherrypaw has become Cherrylight.

"Dappleheart! Cherrylight!"

Hollystar stepped forwards, "We have four new warriors as well, Silvershine, BLazesong, Snowfeather, and Mapleleaf."

"Silvershine! Blazesong! Snowfeather! Mapleleaf!"

"This geathering is dismissed." Hollystar leaped down from the tree and went over to talk to Sunstrike.

"Hi." said a pale yellow tom Silvershine recognised as Sandpelt, "Have you seen Mapleleaf?"

"No. Why do you want to see her?"

"Umm, no reason."

He's lying, I'm going to talk to Maplelaf, she should not be getting so close to an Ivyclan cat, not while we could be attacked by them.

Silvershine padded over to BLazesong and Snowfeather. Mapleleaf better give a good explaination, or I guess I'll have to tell Hollystar.