2: Warmth

Chapter 2: Warmth

"Your eyes remind me of the sunset."

Opening his eyes, Akashi's view was covered in red, orange, pink and purple. He turned to look at Kuroko to his right, who was once again looking at the sky, admiring the colors that mingled together. Kuroko didn't look so lost. Instead he look calm, almost relieved, but Akashi didn't know what that meant.

They had been here for a while now. Since noon, when the skies were cleared of clouds and everything shined from the blinding sun. Akashi had taken another nap under the Sakura tree while Kuroko read his book silently next to him.

"They have such a nice color and the feeling that emits from them is like the sunset." Kuroko continued speaking, his honey-ed voice soothing Akashi.

Even though Akashi's eyes were red and golden, resembling the sunset's two main colors, Akashi didn't believe that his eyes held feeling. It confused Akashi how Kuroko came up with such an idea.

"How so?" Akashi asked, propping his elbows on the ground to lift his torso up and get a better view of Kuroko.

"They hold such intensity. Many feelings of hatred, warmth, sorrow and loneliness." Kuroko explained. Sky blue clashed with golden red, seeping into any and every crack, any opening that let Kuroko read and study Akashi like an open book. His eyes were all knowing. Curious. Always curious.

Akashi never looked away, didn't dare to look away. He was mesmerized by the blue orbs, as if they were precious gems. Gems that Akashi couldn't touch.

"I have no such thing in my eyes." Akashi claimed.

"Then you do in your life." Kuroko answered in a gentle voice.

This made Akashi think.  If warmth was a part of his life, where was it? Why does he feel sorrow and loneliness, as if the world was against him and enjoyed his suffering? Warmth should bring comfort, he should feel safe, but he feels cold. Isolated.

"I don't have warmth." I replied back.

He hadn't felt warmth in years, decades even. All he's ever felt was the drop of temperature as each day passed by. His comfort and warmth had left him, abandoned him when he was a kid.

"You don't. But you feel it."

But how could he feel something he's lost long ago? From who would he feel it from?

"How is that?"

Kuroko smiled sweetly at Akashi, like one would smile to a kid in adoration. "I wouldn't know Akashi-kun, I'm not you."

Akashi looked at his blue eyes, their shine changing to something more distant, longing, until Kuroko looked up at the sky again, the sweet smile still on his lips. Akashi couldn't help but keep staring at the innocent and relaxed expression that graced Kuroko. He was like a porcelain doll, one so fragile that a simple landing of a butterfly would break him.

Reluctantly tearing his eyes away from the bluenette, Akashi glanced up to the sky in contemplation before laying back down. He heard the flip of a page and his heterochromatic eyes glanced to the source of the sound before closing.

Maybe Akashi couldn't feel warmth, but if such a person like Kuroko could see it in his eyes, he wondered how he felt it.

++++

**i apologize for taking a while to rewrite this chapter but i simply couldn't think of how to reword some parts. this is also shorter than the last chapter but i hope you enjoyed it all the same.

ill try my hardest to finish the others soon, but i apologize in advance for any delays.