3: Silence

Chapter 3: Silence

A week came and went and Akashi found himself under the cherry blossom tree watching the fluffy clouds drift by in the blue sky, waiting for someone to accompany him in the silence.

He found it somewhat amusing how a simple decision of coming to the park once turned into an almost daily routine. All because of Kuroko Tetsuya, but Akashi didn't mind the change in his mundane life. It was relaxing, refreshing being out of his office and away from the deafening silence. The silence in the park was different because he had someone to share the silence with. There was silence that Akashi knew Kuroko could break just to talk. It was somewhat reassuring whenever Akashi heard the gentle and sweet voice drifting in the air, it reminded the redhead that he wasn't alone in his office filing paperwork or reading; that he had some company. A friend.

Akashi opened his eyes, having closed them at some point during his pondering, and he looked into the blue sky above him. The week he'd been here, he came to enjoy the presence of Kuroko and enjoy the view of the sky that made Kuroko seem so unreachable when he was only an arms length away.

Their conversations were those related to emotions, metaphors and the like. It often made Akashi think and sometimes he would try to compare Kuroko to the nature around them. Often times Akashi would say them to Kuroko and he would feel a speck of embarrassment, but Kuroko would simply take in the words without fuss or teasing and Akashi would feel a bit better.

"What about them?" Kuroko asked when Akashi told him he liked his bold blue eyes.

"I'm not exactly sure, but they remind of the sky. They're bright; they hold innocence and a sense of comfort." Akashi explained as he studied the sky, trying to figure out the similarities. The sun was beginning to set, different shades of pink and purple mixing and fading into royal blue and a dark plum color.

"How are they innocent?" The redhead turned to meet Kuroko's inquisitive eyes. Akashi stared into them for a while as he tried to think of how it's possible a grown man could have innocent eyes.

"They're big and baby blue."

"How do they resemble the sky?" Akashi could make out the slight amusement decorating Kuroko's features and he turned to look at the sky to look for an answer.

"They're bright and hold emotions. Sometimes they feel distant and you look so far away even though you're right here." Kuroko nodded at the words and smiled up at the sky. Baby blue met dark plum and Akashi could only watch in a daze at the wistful smile on Kuroko's pale pink lips.

"So they get cloudy like the sky."

It wasn't a question, and it wasn't directed toward Akashi. It was a whisper, a secret that Akashi felt he wasn't supposed to hear but still got carried by the wind towards the redhead.

Akashi stared a little longer at Kuroko, curiosity at the tip of his tongue, but he bit his lip and leaned back on the grass, gazing at the dark sky in wonder before closing his eyes and enjoying the shared silence.

-

Akashi sighed at the memory and let his eyes follow a pink petal fall in front of him and land on the grass right next to him. Akashi sighed once more and stood up slowly, dusting off his clothes and peeking at the empty spot on the tree. 

Despite not wanting to, Akashi was somewhat sad that Kuroko didn't make it today, but Akashi tried to remind himself that people can get busy sometimes and Kuroko might have had something to do on a nice Saturday afternoon.

Sighing once more, Akashi walked away and decided to come back the next day. He was starting to look forward to these moments of shared silence.

++++

**ahh i apologize for the long wait and the short chapter, but i hope you enjoyed this chapter.