late night texts

I got home pretty late, which I wasn't planning on doing. I unlocked the door and hung my coat on the hanger then walked to the kitchen and scanned the fridge.

"Yes' 'I whispered, there was some leftover lasagna in the fridge with my name all over it. I took it and warmed it in the microwave, staring at my phone until I heard a buzzing sound coming from it.

I took the lasagna out and sat at the counter scrolling on my phone eating until I finished my food.

I ran up the stairs as quietly as i could since everyone was sleeping then entered my room for some well deserved sleep.

I lay on my bed and closed my eyes. minutes passed and I still couldn't fall asleep. What was wrong with me? It was never hard for me to fall asleep. What was wrong now?. fuck, i tossed and turned until i gave up and went on my phone. 6 new messages from Nolan and unknown. i opened Nolans messages first, "hey dude where did you go i need a ridee" i rolled my eyes and kept scrolling "omg i need a ridee man come here pleaseee" "okay i known youre mad but pleaseee i need to go home" i chuckled what a fucking dumbass.

i finished reading the rest of the messages and moved on to the unknown one, who got my number? "heyy alex it's me Layla, Nolan gave me your number hope you're okay!" "you went to the toilet and never came back hope you're alright?" i sighed and sent her a message.

"im okay ty"

she replied instantly

"That's great! Why are you up so late? I'm guessing you are at home now?"

"i'm not tired"

"oh okay!! same, the party was lowkey crazy after you left we played a few more rounds then danced and left i didn't want to get home late because of school lol"

"cool"

"cool!! Well, did you find the party fun?"

"it was okay" i really didn't know what i was doing texting her but i had nothing to do and sleep didn't look like it was coming any time soon

"That's good, I really enjoyed the party, it was so fun! right"

"yeah"

We kept talking until I was tired enough to fall asleep and it didn't feel weird talking to her. She was quite nice I guess.

My alarm's chirping woke me up from my slumber and that ment i had to get ready for school. yay..

I splashed my face with water and brushed my teeth very slowly. my head felt like someone had smashed it a million times with a spiked bat.

I rested my hand on my forehead and used my other hand to get the paracetamol and blindly took 2 out of the packet and swallowed them.

I left the bathroom still feeling like shit; the paracetamol just had to take its time kicking in. i tried to ask my mum for a day off but of course she said no so i had to go to school with a teeth shattering headache.at least i didn't throw up.

I got my breakfast and got in my car and started driving to school. I checked my phone and saw the time. It was 7:15 and I had school at 8:40 so my alarm woke me up early for no reason. I slammed my head on my steering wheel making my car honk. I groaned but continued driving until I reached my school and parked in the parking lot.

Since I was early I scrolled on my phone until it vibrated a new message from Layla, last night i left her on open because i went to sleep so i actually had 2 notifications from her.

"thats cool im not actually a light weight yk"

"Good morning!!"

"gm layla"