Chapter 28

LILITH'S POV

My parents. That's who my thoughts were about. I'd be talking to my friends or Alex then I'd zone out thinking about them or their reaction about my relationship.

I lay in bed alone with only the bedsheets covering most of my body but leaving my back exposed. I felt a couple of kisses that went from my shoulder up to my neck.

"Goodmorning beautiful." Alex said sitting on the bed.

"You're leaving already." I said grabbing the covers to cover my chest and scooting a little closer to her.

"Yeah but I just need to grab something at the school and I'll be right back very soon." She said.

"How soon are we talking about?" I asked.

"Well counting Saturday traffic, I say about 40 minutes." She said kissing me.

"That's too long." I groaned and fell on the bed.

"Then I'll try to be faster than that." She winked gave me another kiss and stood up. "You have breakfast downstairs." She said as she left the bedroom then the house.

I held the covers tight to my body as
I got up from the bed looking for my bra that god knows where disappears last night.

A month and a half had passed since Alex asked me to be her girlfriend. Everything has been going fine. Well besides the parents thing. I haven't told them yet and every time they call I have to hide it without seeming like I'm trying to keep Alex a secret. I don't want her to feel like that.

I went downstairs to go grab a bit. Alex was going to be her in no time. I got come amazing looking pancakes with some maple syrup and started eating slowly.

I heard a door open and close. "Lilith, I'm home." Alex said.

"I'm in here!!" I raised my voice.

"Oh hello there." She entered the kitchen and came straight to me, kissing my forehead. "How are the pancakes?"

"They're amazing!" I said. "I'd give you a bite, but they're too good."

She sat right in front of me. "What is it?"

I looked at her confused. "What is what?" I said.

"You've been a little distanced, when you talk in the phone you're giddy, your voice shakes and you might stutter sometimes which is confusing since you never stutter."

I was shocked about the observation she had made and she was right.Every time I talked to my parents on the phone I would stutter or feel like I wanted to throw up.

"See, you're doing it again." Her voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Your leg is shaking and you're breathing pretty fast."

"I don't want to scare you away." I said.

"No, Baby listen." She said putting her hand on top of mine. "Whatever it is, it's not going to scare me away."

"Well, I uhm." I paused. "My parents don't know I'm gay." I said but she didn't say anything. She was just looking at me. "Listen their opinion won't matter I don't care wha-" I tried to explain but was cut off.

"It's okay." She said which caught me off guard. "Baby it's okay. We will fix this okay?"

I exhaled the breath I was holding in. "Okay."

We got up from the kitchen table and we made our way to the living room and sat on the couch. Her hand was warped around my shoulders and my head was resting on her shoulder.