XX-B (LXVI-B). Heartfelt Cooking Class 🍳

It was another day of manga reading for the twins and Ameri. Lavande only watched as a guard, this time with Acheron as Isabelle told him about their reading sessions with the Student Council President. Nevertheless, they thoroughly enjoyed the reading where the protagonist, Hoshino Rin, was baking cookies for her significant other, Kakeru Aozora. At the end of the chapter, Ameri, Acheron, and Lavande applauded before they all had some tea.

"The realism in today's reading was simply superb!" Remarked the former.

"It's been a while, so I gave it my all." Said Iruma, reminiscing his, Ryūko, Isabelle, and Naphula's performance back in the ruins of the wilderness.

"Thanks for letting me listen to this reading session with President Ameri." Acheron said as munched on a sandwich Julius made for him, "Who would have thought that such manga would be this comically heartwarming?"

"Well, you have been curious since my housemates brought up First Love Memories since the Harvest Festival and what better way than listening to an actual narration." Isabelle replied.

Ameri looked down on the pages, recalling that she'll congratulate the four with something for their victory in the Harvest Festival. It seemed that sweet treats would be a great idea for such a gift. Ryūko and Isabelle caught on with her mutterings, alarming Ameri before she elaborated that she was interested in baking sweets, but has always been prohibited from using her home kitchen. For what reason, would that be? Well, Henri has never told his daughter why that was the case, so not even the redhead was sure about it. Thinking it as a fun activity, Iruma asked if Ameri would like to come over to his place, much to her surprise.

•°•°•○•°•°•

So, perhaps on the following weekend, Iruma and Ameri were in the kitchen of Sullivan's manor. The two seem excited to start, all prepped with Opera's help. And there goes Ameri fantasizing the idea of being in her crush's house was practice for married life. As Iruma thanked Opera for their help, he also told Ryūko that she doesn't need to get involved, if her energy was still on the lower side.

"Please excuse my rudeness. Should I go greet your grandfather, as well?!" Asked Ameri frantically, much to Opera's confusion of how she addressed Sullivan informally, "Oh, what I meant to say is my future- I mean, the chair demon!"

"Ah. Unfortunately, the chair-demon happens to be away at work today so, alas, he's not here."

That relieved Ameri from the worries for all formalities of nobles.

"Well, I'll just be over there if you need me, so please go ahead and use anything you like in the meantime." Said Opera.

"Yeah, good luck on your little house date, fellas." Teased Ryūko with a wink, embarrassing her brother in the process, "Oh, come on. I'm the one who's dating, y'know."

"If you two are finished with what you are going to make, please let us know." Isabelle added.

And with the two thanking the supervisors, they were soon left alone in the kitchen. Ameri was getting nervous with all the fluffy romance swirling in her head near an overdrive. Iruma got her back to reality for them to have a headstart. The demoness apologized for having to borrow a lot of materials, but the human didn't mind as he was the one who invited her over, and the first time he has ever started on sweets. While the two washed their hands, Opera took a peep at them, knowing they should keep an eye on their actions, even while they have a recipe.

The first task was to knead 120g of butter before adding 50g of sugar in a good mix. Much Opera's shock, Iruma placed a whole brick of butter into the bowl with a teaspoon of sugar when the weight measurements were clearly written. They thought Ameri could save their recipe, but she ended up eyeballing the amount of sugar from a teaspoon to the whole bag, saying that she heard sweets have quite heavy amounts of sugar (although it may not be wrong in some sweets from other cultures on Earth), but there are clear limits to how much sugar can be used. Dismayed, Opera realized that those two have absolutely no knowledge of cooking, especially when Ameri suggested chopping up a spatula to find it out. But why exactly was this happening in the first place?