3. Prison Break

Woop... A two month wait for chapter 3. Sorry guys, I didn't mean for it to take so long. There's probably typos, considering that this is about 1 in the morning, but at the moment I'm too tired to care and will simply fix them later. The ending of this chapter is a little rushed, so sorry about that, but I hope you guys manage to enjoy it anyways ^^ 

~~~~~~~~

      "Banjou, I thought you said you had a plan," Akane muttered, leaning back and lacing her fingers behind her neck. 

 The older man scowled. "I do." 

 She cracked open one eye. "I really don't think that me sneaking in and directly engaging Yamori is a plan." The teenager sighed "Or at least it's not a plan that I will be taking part in." 

 Banjou glared at her, this teenage girl who was now sprawled on the sole chair in his living quarters, leaving him to lean against a wall. When he'd asked Akane for her help, he'd only been thinking of her power, her strength in battle and likely ability to break Kaneki free.

 He'd forgotten he'd be dealing with a teenager. Apparently even a ghoul teenager who lived on her own and preyed upon humans for fun was still as stubborn and disinterested when it came to authority as normal teens. She'd slept heavily after the pair had reached Banjou's home, not waking up until almost noon. He would have woken her earlier, but waking somebody whose survival instincts were extremely honed wasn't a good idea if you would prefer not to get your head ripped off. That was another stereotypical teenager trait; sleeping late and moodiness. 

 "Don't look at me like that," she muttered as he thought, amber eyes narrowed. "I'm not a pawn, you know." 

 "I don't think of you as one," Banjou said, startled. "I was just-"

 Akane held up a hand, and he stopped talking. When you were the least powerful in a room, even if you were older and somewhat more experienced (although with Akane, he never could tell), you tended to stop talking when told. 

 Sighing, the girl picked at her nails, strands of platinum blonde hair falling into her face. "I have a better plan, Banjou." 

 She was silent for a moment, but before Banjou could prompt her to continue the girl looked up, baring her teeth in a feral representation of a smile. In that moment, watching the teenager smile, her amber eyes alight with some emotion that he couldn't place, he was frightened beyond belief of this girl. She was- for lack of a better term- a monster in her own right. But he was saddened, too- for the girl couldn't have become what she was now on her own, and despite what some people say you can't always choose what you become. 

 My god, Akane, he thought dimly as she began to tell her own plan, What did they do to you? 

 Is there even anything that can save you now?

 *. *. *. *. *. 

 "I am a goddamned motherfucking idiot. Scratch that, I'm the queen of goddamned motherfucking idiots," Akane snarled, peeking down from the rooftops at the battle that was taking place below between Aogiri and the CCG. Had she simply been a bystander Akane probably would have just been rooting for everybody to kill each other as fast as possible and remove a few pesky problems from her list, but now she was hoping that the battle would last as long as possible. She'd urged Banjou to wait one more day, even though the prisoner would now have been in Yamori's clutches for ten days, but had decided that using the upcoming CCG invasion as cover would be ideal. Yamori would eventually have to leave him victim to fight the ghoul investigators, and that's when she would strike. 

 At least, that was how her plan was supposed to work. Now it looked like it was all going to shit, because several of the most powerful Aogiri ghouls (including Ayato, Tatara, and the Binn Brothers) were scattered everywhere in defensive positions, ready to fight the investigators if (when) they broke through the first lines of defense. Akane's problem was that she didn't have the foresight to anticipate this, and while she could bypass them eventually- her specialty was stealth, after all- it would take a helluva lot longer. At this rate Kaneki wasn't going to be free until almost dawn, which was definitely not ideal.