Lady Danbury picks Her New Project

Lady Danbury's POV

who should I take under my care this season...I was walking around the Ball and then saw my New Project and smirked then walked over to Lady Featherington and said "Lady Featherington I would like to Take Miss Penelope under my Care for this season would you be alright with that?" She rolled her eyes at me but said "Why thats very Nice of you Lady Danbury I shall have my maids help Penelope pack and send her to your home after we get home today" Penelope bowed then said "I Shall leave now mama as i would like a great start to pack as well as thank Lady Danbury for this Great Opportunity" Lady Featherington said "Fine go go" then went back to talking to her other older daughters and Penelope looked at me then said "thank you lady Danbury I shall arrive soon" then bowed to me and i said "Girl its ok i shall go with you as i dont want to be here any longer" she nodded then we walked to my Carriage however we were stopped by the Third Bridgerton boys and said "Pen where are you going what about our dance" i watched her blush but say "I'm sorry Colin i will be leaving to pack for some time as i will be under Lady Danbury's care" I said "Miss Penelope if you'd like i can wait until your dance is done" she looked at me surprised then looked at Colin who was trying not to smile with a red tent on his cheeks 'hmm i see love between them but they arent together I shall help push her' Colin held his hand out for Penelope and she took his hand and they walked to the floor and started the Waltz.

time skip after

they bowed to each other and then Colin walked Penelope over to me and bowed to me i nodded then we left Colin and the ball.

Time skip to when they are at Danbury home

i let her maid take her things to the room i had made for then i said "Miss Penelope tomorrow we will be throwing out your mothers dresses and getting you new ones that will actually flatter your skin tone and hair then we shall get you jewels" Penelope said "I thank you so much Lady Danbury as I've hated them cause they make me look like a citrus fruit and i always hated that" i looked at her then said "your lady whistledown arent you" she gasped then looked nervous and I said "dont worry i wont tell anyone your writing keeps me entertained so ill keep your secret however i want you to sing at my ball i will host in 2 weeks time and you will confess to the Charming Bridgeton's third son" she nodded then said "i hope he will like me back we just got our friendship back after he tarnished it at my mama's ball last year then my best friend Eloise found out i was Lady Whistledown and is now mad at me which i understand why but i was trying to protect her as her majesty was thinking it was Eloise who was Lady whistledown so i had to throw her off" I said "her majesty will want to know your identity but ill lean her towards you joining her court or try to at least because you give her inside scoops about the ton and she needs that" she bowed and said "Thank you for your help Lady Danbury" i nodded then said "we shall head to bed then Tomorrow we start training your Confidence boosting because you have the Beauty and smarts but you lack Confidence in yourself and men love a women who can hold her head high" She nodded then we went to bed.

Time skip 2 weeks later...

Penelope's pov

I was now more confident in myself so I'm going to confess to Colin tonight at the ball I got into my dress and had my hair done and minimal makeup and necklace with earrings then I heard a maid say "Miss Featherington Everyone is Downstairs and Lady Danbury is waiting for you to arrive to ask you on stage..." I said "Ill be down in a moment thank you" they left then i looked into the mirror and said "You got this Colin will either love you or Reject you but If he Does thats ok because you are strong" then I put my Cloak on and walked down the stairs Gracefully and found Everyone looking at me gasped so i smiled while bowing my head to them then I Walked over to Lady Danbury and bowed and said "Thank you For Having me Lady Danbury" she nodded then smirked and then leaned in and whispered "You my dear have captivated Everyone's attention Colin Bridgerton cant take his eyes off of you" i giggled then said softly "well thats what we want isn't it" she nodded then leaned back and said loudly "WELCOME EVERYONE TO MY BALL I HAVE ASKED MY HUMBLE GUEST MISS PENELOPE FEATHERINGTON TO SING FOR US TONIGHT AND SHE HAS AGREED SO PLEASE FOLLOW US INTO THE BALLROOM WHERE YOU SHALL FEAST ON A SIGHT TO BE HOLD!!!" everyone started walking to the ballroom and i was walking with my head held high and smirking while on the inside i was Freaking out completely then Lady Danbury looked at me and winked at me then leaned into my ear "make that boy beg for your attention" i smirked then said "I will thank my lady" then i walked onto the stage and said "Hello Everyone My name is Penelope Featherington and i will be Singing for you all i hope you like it" then i winked at Colin giggling when everyone gasped again.